• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Iron Crescendo: The 2nd Concerto

MoFo

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 9, 2006
Cleveland, OH
iron-crescendo.net
Update:

See iron-crescendo.net for the new Iron Crescendo forums!

Introduction:

For those of you that have heard of Iron Crescendo (IC) before, skip to the next paragraph. For those that don't... Iron Crescendo was an extension to Red Orchestra: Ostfront which organized players, both casual and clans, into both sides of a macro conflict complete with a chain of command structure that took an active role in deciding each week's battles. This conflict was played as campaigns which represented the full length of the war, spanning many weeks with twice-weekly battles to decide the fate of territories. There was a strong sense of community, both on the individual teams as well as IC as a whole which made for a truly unique enhanced game experience that could not be replicated in either clan or public play.

So with the launch of Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad, Iron Crescendo will return to again provide a fun and exciting experience that goes beyond the base gameplay. I have been working on organization, website, and strategic details to make this next incarnation a vast improvement over the original.

I realize that Iron Crescendo, and my management of it, was far from perfect but I have learned from my mistakes as well as the feedback from the community to try and create a much more balanced feel and overall better organized approach to the campaigns and daily management. As an extension to this, I provide this thread to you, the RO community, to tell me what you think. If you have prior experience with IC then great, please tell me your likes, dislikes, and what you would like to see for IC2. If not, please describe what you would expect to see from a strategic standpoint of playing RO:HOS on a grand campaign scale. Draw on experience from playing macro scale games like Hearts of Iron or table top games like Rise and Decline of the Third Reich, or even Axis and Allies.

I plan to use this thread to flesh out some final details of the website and the interactions available to the players as well as officers and staff. I don't expect you to be kind, but at least be civil in your criticisms and I will do everything I can to make this a great experience for everyone again.

Planned Rollout Schedule (Subject to change):

8/6-8/20: Feedback and information gathering.
8/20: Website goes live, public forum registration opened
8/20-9/10: Staff recruitment and orientation. Finalize web content.
9/10: Campaign Registration Opened
9/13: RO released
9/13: Gameplay testing and finalization of game rules and concepts
9/21: Beta Campaign starts, first battle(s) TBD.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to everyone's constructive feedback!

Last edited:
Sounds interesting, is this something for the hardcore players who play every night or is it open to those who play a few times a week and if available when one of those battles open up can join. I heard of stuff like this, Combat Studios had something like this for BF2 with the whole chain of command and stuff.

Tho i have to give credit to the amount of dedication that comes in organizing stuff like this.

Upvote 0
The idea is awesome. I never played IC for RO, but heard many good feedbacks from players. Here are some questions:

1. Do you need to sign up and be online every time a battle is scheduled?
2. Can you change faction or can you only play on either Axis or Allied side?
3. Are the servers open, or is a password required?

Also, I think that it might be a smart move to launch the campaign 2-4 weeks after release date. I could imagine many players would prefer getting used with the game mechanics and maps before joining IC.

Just my 50 cent.

Cheers

Upvote 0