• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Investigation Thread: My perks got reset to 0, but I still have my skins. [Epic launcher]

Heavium

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 30, 2020
Yoshiro here making a note in the OP to make it easier to find and read:
We are trying to replicate this issue but so far have not had luck. We are looking for points of commonality between users such as but not limited to:

• Antivirus/firewall software
  • Other software that is running
  • File backup services such as One Cloud or Google Drive
And please make sure that your mydocs/mygames/killing floor 2 folder is not write protected. If it is please note that (then un protect it please).

Original post follows:

I reinstalled KF2 after some time of not playing and my perks got reset, but my inventory is still the same. Help would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your KF 2 stats are stored locally on EGS as well as backed up into the EGS cloud if you have that option turned on. The cloud save should be authoritative.

If you deleted the game without backing up the save or cloud saving it, you will not have any stats.
Is that a normal way of doing things? Theres a lot of advice out there telling people to reinstall, or wipe the config files in the /mydocuments directory if theyre having trouble launching the game, with no mention of this.

Upvote 0
So is this an EGS thing? Should there be a sticky on the issue? What's the deal with cloud saves; isn't that supposed to prevent something like this from happening? And if there isn't going to be a way to fix it, I'm sure a lot of folks would appreciate knowing that, instead of waiting on help that isn't coming

Upvote 0
I got same issue twise - all stats and perks reset to 0. As I undersood Yoshiro's comment above, that's an EGS issue, not tripwire. On the other hand, why not to setup more than 1 copy in Cloud allowing user to backup from older profile? Anyway, bougt Steam version just now, 2 times progress reset enough for me.

Upvote 0
We are trying to replicate this issue but so far have not had luck. We are looking for points of commonality between users such as but not limited to:

• Antivirus/firewall software
  • Other software that is running
  • File backup services such as One Cloud or Google Drive
And please make sure that your mydocs/mygames/killing floor 2 folder is not write protected. If it is please note that (then un protect it please).

Upvote 0