• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Investigation Thread: My perks got reset to 0, but I still have my skins. [Epic launcher]

Heavium

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 30, 2020
Yoshiro here making a note in the OP to make it easier to find and read:
We are trying to replicate this issue but so far have not had luck. We are looking for points of commonality between users such as but not limited to:

• Antivirus/firewall software
  • Other software that is running
  • File backup services such as One Cloud or Google Drive
And please make sure that your mydocs/mygames/killing floor 2 folder is not write protected. If it is please note that (then un protect it please).
Original post follows:

I reinstalled KF2 after some time of not playing and my perks got reset, but my inventory is still the same. Help would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matittwjj

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 31, 2019
After the steam client was updated my perks got reset to 0.

This hapened just a few minutes ago.
i hope theres a solution this

Yoshiro

In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
Your KF 2 stats are stored locally on EGS as well as backed up into the EGS cloud if you have that option turned on. The cloud save should be authoritative.

If you deleted the game without backing up the save or cloud saving it, you will not have any stats.

donkpocket

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 14, 2020
Your KF 2 stats are stored locally on EGS as well as backed up into the EGS cloud if you have that option turned on. The cloud save should be authoritative.

If you deleted the game without backing up the save or cloud saving it, you will not have any stats.
Is that a normal way of doing things? Theres a lot of advice out there telling people to reinstall, or wipe the config files in the /mydocuments directory if theyre having trouble launching the game, with no mention of this.

Yoshiro

Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
It very well can be, and it has been how KF 2 has been handled on platforms without a built in system that we could use to store stats such as PS 4 since launch. On Steam and Xbox stats are stored on a platform provided database.

donkpocket

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 14, 2020
So is this an EGS thing? Should there be a sticky on the issue? What's the deal with cloud saves; isn't that supposed to prevent something like this from happening? And if there isn't going to be a way to fix it, I'm sure a lot of folks would appreciate knowing that, instead of waiting on help that isn't coming

Machisu

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 16, 2020
I got same issue twise - all stats and perks reset to 0. As I undersood Yoshiro's comment above, that's an EGS issue, not tripwire. On the other hand, why not to setup more than 1 copy in Cloud allowing user to backup from older profile? Anyway, bougt Steam version just now, 2 times progress reset enough for me.

Yoshiro

Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
We are trying to replicate this issue but so far have not had luck. We are looking for points of commonality between users such as but not limited to:

• Antivirus/firewall software
  • Other software that is running
  • File backup services such as One Cloud or Google Drive
And please make sure that your mydocs/mygames/killing floor 2 folder is not write protected. If it is please note that (then un protect it please).