• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Inside vehicles

PETERPANs

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
OK first of all, you are unable to do some things inside vehicles, here is list:

1. reloading of firearms, inside transports, tanks or other vehicles allow players to reload pistol, rifle, smg ... sometimes you enter vehicle with empty magazine.
2. selecting of weapon, allow players to select weapon inside vehicles, example - you entered transport with grenade in hand but if you want to leave it, before that allow us to change weapon.
3. german transport MG, pls fix it when I hide myself and than again taking MG position, its always resetting MG direction, so I must again point MG to right direction, also allow player behind transport MG to crouch more, to hide myself against rifles - just another mode.

all good ideas, I don't know for sure, but I think that the new MG system for Hos will allow players to duck by simply looking up because the MGer's body is going to move dynamically with the machine gun, instead of the MG being deployed and then just aimed like a rifle

I would also like to see an animation for exiting a Halftrack, it feels sorta cheesy when people just magically pop into existance next to a halftrack, and I would also love to see an animation for when people exit a halftrack while it is driving fast and they kind of tuck and roll, instead of just jumping out and landing on your feet perfectly:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
all good ideas, I don't know for sure, but I think that the new MG system for Hos will allow players to duck by simply looking up because the MGer's body is going to move dynamically with the machine gun, instead of the MG being deployed and then just aimed like a rifle

I would also like to see an animation for exiting a Halftrack, it feels sorta cheesy when people just magically pop into existance next to a halftrack, and I would also love to see an animation for when people exit a halftrack while it is driving fast and they kind of tuck and roll, instead of just jumping out and landing on your feet perfectly:rolleyes:

It would be so nice.... i think it's only a dream :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Hmm, jumping out of a moving vehicle lol. Would be cool, could be like UT# when you fall off the hoverboard and you go rolling.

Upvote 0
it doesn'thave to be all GTA4 style, I just want to see some sort of consequence for people who jump out of a fast moving halftrack. It seems really lame in levels like Smolensk Stalemate when your open fire on a half track and all the passengers just magically pop out and instantly run for cover. IRL if you jumped out of the back of a vehicle moving 30mph, you wouldn't be able to keep your balance, you would probably fall right on your face

to reference Smolensk again, the reason I want an exit animation is that people will pack into a HT and drive it straight into the capzone on the hill, now me with a rifle, i can't do much to hurt the people on the inside, until they exit, and when they do, it's not always at the back of the HT, so I would have to correct my aim to fire on 3 germans who just magically appeared 15feet away, and usually they just spray me down before i can even get a shot off.:rolleyes: Having an exit animation would force people to think tactically about where they park the HT, instead of allowing them to just rambo straight into any capzone

Upvote 0
it doesn'thave to be all GTA4 style, I just want to see some sort of consequence for people who jump out of a fast moving halftrack. It seems really lame in levels like Smolensk Stalemate when your open fire on a half track and all the passengers just magically pop out and instantly run for cover. IRL if you jumped out of the back of a vehicle moving 30mph, you wouldn't be able to keep your balance, you would probably fall right on your face

to reference Smolensk again, the reason I want an exit animation is that people will pack into a HT and drive it straight into the capzone on the hill, now me with a rifle, i can't do much to hurt the people on the inside, until they exit, and when they do, it's not always at the back of the HT, so I would have to correct my aim to fire on 3 germans who just magically appeared 15feet away, and usually they just spray me down before i can even get a shot off.:rolleyes: Having an exit animation would force people to think tactically about where they park the HT, instead of allowing them to just rambo straight into any capzone

I agree with everything u have said ...
Moreover, people will have to brake if they want to leave their vehicules ;)

Upvote 0
and for people who are going to complain that it is too easy for people to just spray germans as they come out of HT's, maybe have a secondary exit animation that will allow you to climb out over the sides of the halftrack, it will be slower than a regular exit, and it will make you fairly noticeable as you climb over the top, but good to avoid getting hosed by an mg that is going to kill anything going down the ramp

Great idea Pete! For once I find myself not crapping my pants in confusion:D

Upvote 0
and for people who are going to complain that it is too easy for people to just spray germans as they come out of HT's, maybe have a secondary exit animation that will allow you to climb out over the sides of the halftrack, it will be slower than a regular exit, and it will make you fairly noticeable as you climb over the top, but good to avoid getting hosed by an mg that is going to kill anything going down the ramp

Great idea Pete! For once I find myself not crapping my pants in confusion:D

Secondary exits would be great, but this would also make HT drivers more mindful of where they stop their vehicle, forcing them to stop in a covered position.

Upvote 0