• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Improve windowed mode

Diriel

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 26, 2010
Windowed mode is completely broken.

If I try to set the resolution to 1600x900 in windowed mode, it will only go up to 1496x842. I'm assuming this is because you wanted to try and make it smart, and not overlap the taskbar or something stupid like that.

I have dual monitors and I use Windowed mode at my first monitors resolution, then use an app like Z-Mover to move the left and top borders off of the screen, this way the game looks and plays as if it were in fullscreen, but the second monitor is still easily accessible and windows can be easily brought on top of the game.

There's nothing more useless than a windowed mode that ignores the size you set it at and does it's own thing. People can quite easily stop the window from covering parts of the windows UI they would rather see by setting the resolution to something that is small enough to fit in the space between them. Please don't assume that people would rather have less functionality for ease.

Other than that fact, I am loving the game. It's been too long since a decent first person puzzle game was released, it just so happened that you managed to hit one of my few pet peves with the window thing.

I gave this a try, although for some reason the console was bound to tab, not that that's important.

I tried "setres 1600x900" and there was no change, just to make sure I also tried "setres 1024x768" and the window did resize. So the automatic resize still applies from console. :(

Good idea though.

Upvote 0