• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation Importing a .PSA file into the SDK

What program are you exporting with? FBX exporter can export skeletal mesh and animations in one file. Once imported into SDK you will get a skeletal mesh and an AnimSet that is named after rootbone in file

Ahh, thanks for this, where can I find an FPX exporter?
Getting into modeling, have a few ideas, AAZ is helping me with 'em. :D
I can make weapons, in fact I already have 6-10 pre-coded US army and marine weapons fully coded, and functional (K98 skeleton, but some use others as they have a close relative M55 Reising for example is similar to the level 1 Thompson SMG.)
I just can't model them, which is something I want to be able to do, that way I can release some sort of weapons pack.

Upvote 0
I think what's happening is that the bones are importing at odd orientations. Even if you automatically reorient the bones on import, a significant number of them remain stubbornly out of place. When you import a psa, the weighted geometry snaps to the bones and you get things like his head twisting upside down, or in the case of some of my later experiments, a gooey puddle with a tail sticking out of it.

Upvote 0