• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

IGN rates Maneater a 7

IGN is trash and paid ratings most the time, i don't take anything they say seriously
This games a easy 9/10 out of 10
Yes I hope they add new game plus and hard-core mode where it takes way longer to lvl, keep the rep how it is, add more sharks u can play as, make it the same story but start as a hammerhead or great white and not a bull, more modifications would be amazing as well.

Such an amazing game with so much potential

Reactions: LaughterAndRage
Upvote 0
I think an 8 would have been more deserving. I Absolutely love the game but the “soft lock” combat and sometimes wonky camera can be frustrating. I’m glad the game doesn’t have online multiplayer to ruin it, and it’s only 12 hours if you run straight through it. It’s a great game but not perfect. In a world full of trash online only, games as a service, free to play, multiplayer garbage this games is a shining beacon and there should more games like this. Especially at a 40.00 price point. It far exceeds “getting your moneys worth”.

Upvote 0
I think an 8 would have been more deserving. I Absolutely love the game but the “soft lock” combat and sometimes wonky camera can be frustrating. I’m glad the game doesn’t have online multiplayer to ruin it, and it’s only 12 hours if you run straight through it. It’s a great game but not perfect. In a world full of trash online only, games as a service, free to play, multiplayer garbage this games is a shining beacon and there should more games like this. Especially at a 40.00 price point. It far exceeds “getting your moneys worth”.
this game has no containt.multiplayer is no trash.try to play with friends.
it needs end game containt.you have nothing to do when u complete it 100%.and 12hours with no rush are meh for that price

Upvote 0
I would say the game is around a 6 or a 7. It's playable, but there's not much of it, and there's a few issues that I hope get fixed. It's a fairly unique idea, has a good story, and is just plain fun, but I feel like it's more of a guilty pleasure than a good game.

I feel with a couple of improvements to combat it could be an 8, but I don't think this game has the potential to be a 9 or 10. It's still fun, it's just severely limited in what it can do.

Upvote 0
For as much as I like the game, 9 or 10 is way too high in my opinion. it's a very solid 7-8/10, but definitely not worth 9, by my standards. The game has great game play and it's really addictive right from start, but it has some flaws that, while not game killing, can certainly not be missed. That score could be changed, depending on what the dev as planned for post launch updates and DLC content. The game has really great foundations, but it does need some additions here and there to stretch the game's lifespan a bit.

Upvote 0
For as much as I like the game, 9 or 10 is way too high in my opinion. it's a very solid 7-8/10, but definitely not worth 9, by my standards. The game has great game play and it's really addictive right from start, but it has some flaws that, while not game killing, can certainly not be missed. That score could be changed, depending on what the dev as planned for post launch updates and DLC content. The game has really great foundations, but it does need some additions here and there to stretch the game's lifespan a bit.
The patch next week is addressing lag,crash and save issues along with some other stuff.

Upvote 0