• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I hoped to love RO2

Rhym3z

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 4, 2011
Coming from RO1, im amazingly dissapointed in this game.

There is something missing from it that i cant quite put my finger on.
There doesnt seem to be much of an atmosphere to it.
I dont give a hoot about the map im playing on, where as in RO1 the battles were so epic, the teamwork so important, that every inch of ground you take, made it mean something.

its so generic this game its unreal.
RO1 used to stand out because it was hard, unforgiving and rewarding.

This game is just plain boring, bordering on frustrating and just MEH.

They should have focused it plainly and solely on RO, not trying to make the best of both worlds, coz lets be honest, when COD MW3 comes out, then that will b a far better game for the COD guys, and they will leave.
Then BF3 will come out, and again people will leave.

I was going to say we would be left with the RO guys, but considering this doesnt feel like an RO sequal at all, im not so sure...

As much as i hate to say it, but i'd much rather be playing one of those right now, solely based on the fact that they will at least run well.:(

I have no faith in tripwire giving us the game we were expecting.
I do however have faith in modders crafting us what should have been a true RO sequal
or at least providing something similar.

I will continue to play the game, but until they at least get these rediculous performance problems corrected, i will be truly regretful that i spent money on this, as it still feels like Beta.
They really should have delayed this.

I mean, fairplay that a small group can pull this off.
But if it was up to me, i would put every ounce of my effort into keeping a solid reputation thats built up from RO1 and stuck with it, at least to be safe.

I never usually moan about any game, i just uninstall it and dont play.
But i want to like this game so much, as i was so looking forward to play it
And since everyone and their mother is posting feedback on the game, i thought i'd add my 2 pennies.

C'mon you modders! :D

Last edited:
I can't wait until MW3 and BF3 come out. If that gets rid of some of the immature/annoying people in the servers? Cool. TWI gets their money and we don't have to deal with them anymore.

Is this game like RO 1? In some ways and others drastically different. Down the road, those faithful will stick around and their voice will be more prominent. Maybe the voices will be heard and the game will shape up into something more RO 1 like. As far as mods go, RS has had a headstart and it won't be released until next summer. So you may want to get used to the current game.

As for performance issues and what not, TWI is aware of it. It'll get better down the road. And if it's just too much to take? Play other games and come back to this one down the road. It'll still be here and will still have players :)

Upvote 0
Communities change. Considering how old RO1's community was, and how walled in it made itself by its mentality, it had to crack sometime. They couldn't please the same people forever. Some people are going to support them. Some people are going to flip out, and start treating them as badly as every other developer out there.

Whatever. This whole drama is pretty absurd, but it always is. Part of me is glad I never got that emotionally invested in RO1. I'd hate to be in the position others are now, this weird place between loathing and regret. Must suck to be them.

Upvote 0
If you're not able to identify what is disappointing you about this game, then your complaint is completely worthless. Because you're basically complaining without giving the developers the chance to improve upon what you think they're doing wrong.

So in my opinion, this entire thread does not make any sense and should be locked.

Upvote 0
If you're not able to identify what is disappointing you about this game, then your complaint is completely worthless. Because you're basically complaining without giving the developers the chance to improve upon what you think they're doing wrong.

So in my opinion, this entire thread does not make any sense and should be locked.

L2R?

I never said i was trying to make any Dev's change anything, or do anything based on what im saying lol.

do you really think my 1 little post would effect anything the Dev's are doing?

Upvote 0

^
This.

You lot instead of talking more specific on the problems, you talk about how much you loved RO1 and all the elitistic crap.

Reactions: Spindle
Upvote 0
ROI and ROII are completly different games in my opinion, only the eastern front theme is the same. In ROI you could feel the battlefield, the weapons felt like you were the one pulling the trigger not clicking the mouse button, the slow approach to the front trying not to get killed, the ducking under heavy fire, the bolt action rifle battles etc. etc. are gone, you have to adapt now to the new ROII, which in my opinion isn't that bad, it succeded in attracting new customers coming from games like CoD or BF who were looking for a slightly harder war experience, but also kept the WWII theme and weapons, as well as some of the maps I was used to, it handles completly different in the mechanics but still we haven't got many other titles which focus on realism even if it's soft like in ROII. So I'd say keep up the good work.

Upvote 0
Its kinda funny seeing all this again, after living through RnL alpha to beta change heh heh so many OP comments are crazy similar to things i read during that time!
Oh yea, RnL. Nice little mod with totally the wrong engine for it ;) Source cant cope well with large environments that you need with WW2 games/mods.

But... I have to admit that RnL has an amazing atmosphere in the maps, thanks to the same Source engine :)

Upvote 0
Yet none of these are even mentioned on the OP.

I'm not telling you to love the game, but explain why you aren't ffs.

Which decisions were bad, things like that.

Lack of atmosphere and/or the epicness/ importance of trying to win on a map.

Random FPS drops, arty FPS drops, poor optimization for many people including me.

Stats not working.

VOIP making people sound like Chewbakka, which is in fact a very good resource for teamwork.

Mediocre maps that almost seem to encourage solo play. Comiisars house and grain elevator are good however.

The use key that does 3 things in one.

The recon plane, that spots enemies, when pressing T brings up "enemy xxxx spotted" with rediculously big icons.

The cover system which when used, still makes you vulnerable to headshots.

Prone that gets stuck on some open areas.

Clunky controls, in which at rare times, your character could not do what you wanted him to do.

The radial orders menu that is overcomplicated resulting in you giving the wrong orders accidentally.

Being unable to respond to orders.

No1 caring about orders.

Being unable to mark artillery with squad leader any further than 100m away.

Mounted MG emplacements, which i would have loved to be a choice of weapon for the MG'er.

MG'er recoil when deployed being too high.

Lockdown being in the game.

anything else?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The changes from ro1 to ro2 kinda remind me of Star wars galaxies. It changed with the NGE to get more "casual players" and it back fired. The game lost over half of its population.

Thats what worries me, and dissapoints me with this.
They had it so good with RO1.
Loyal players,
excellent community etc.

And yet they took a risk with this, and tried to appeal to other people and kinda shot some people in the face.
Risky move considering its only a small group with such a small (but strong) reputation.
I personally would have played it safe.

Upvote 0