• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I don't like how the game ended (Warning Spoilers)

I didnt know there was 2 fights with Pete. I thought the first one was the final fight but I saw the ending and it makes you wonder if our shark was killed.

For sure Pete was killed by the shark and with the explosion our shark might have been killed.
The player shark does die now let me explain why thats not bad. first of all Pete gets his revenge for his Son. and the player shark gets revenge on Pete in that she (the player shark) killed Petes Son in revenge for her Mother. the reason i liked it so much was becasue in the end both of them got revenge and are now at peace with their actions. The reason you continue to play as the shark after the end is just becasue its a way for you to continue to complete all of the collectables.

Upvote 0
I think the shark was badly injured but will be back in the sequel (assuming there is a sequel).
maybe. but if the shark was hurt wouldnt the scares be seen on her? like before with the burn and when Pete cut you? and it would make more sense to kill off the carater so thay in the second we can grow again. but maybe if you did survive we could play as her baby, that would be cool

Reactions: Sixishungry
Upvote 0
My biggest gripe with how the story ended (or unfolded in the cutscenes in general), is the lack of agency on the players' side, compared to the overall gameplay. While you're playing, your shark can have the personality you want it to have. You can be a complete goof, toppling boats and riding golf carts while not causing many people real harm, be a bloodthirsty monster to complement Steve's narrative, and everything inbetween.

But as soon as the cutscenes roll, any and all control is brutally wrenched away from you. The scene where you flop about on Steve's boat before Kyle is killed struck me as a perfect opportunity to work in a story branch. A crossroads to decide wether you want to continue the cycle of revenge, resulting in Steve's and your shark's eventual destruction, or break the cycle and prove steve wrong. Plus Kyle seemed like a neat dude, which makes it all the more tragic that he got caught in the crossfire, while your mom was without a doubt a killer.

For me, the ending just hit me over the head with a profound feeling of soul-crushing sadness.

So I started a new playthrough and went back to the good ol' days of bullying alligators and eating mafia. :D

Upvote 0
My biggest gripe with how the story ended (or unfolded in the cutscenes in general), is the lack of agency on the players' side, compared to the overall gameplay. While you're playing, your shark can have the personality you want it to have. You can be a complete goof, toppling boats and riding golf carts while not causing many people real harm, be a bloodthirsty monster to complement Steve's narrative, and everything inbetween.

But as soon as the cutscenes roll, any and all control is brutally wrenched away from you. The scene where you flop about on Steve's boat before Kyle is killed struck me as a perfect opportunity to work in a story branch. A crossroads to decide wether you want to continue the cycle of revenge, resulting in Steve's and your shark's eventual destruction, or break the cycle and prove steve wrong. Plus Kyle seemed like a neat dude, which makes it all the more tragic that he got caught in the crossfire, while your mom was without a doubt a killer.

For me, the ending just hit me over the head with a profound feeling of soul-crushing sadness.

So I started a new playthrough and went back to the good ol' days of bullying alligators and eating mafia. :D

This! I 100 agree with literally every word you typed. I wish the game devs would have followed your advice. Hopefully they will give us more choice in any sequel.

Upvote 0