• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Hungarian menu is a mess

sztrapacska

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 17, 2019
Also you can't select "weekly" in game modes.
To help understand the problem, let's look at this picture:
Create game... not even hungarian but at least that's on the right spot
Perkek - Perks alright
Felszerelés - Cosmetics alright
And the problem starts there. There's another "felszerelés" which leads to the vault as you can see from the icon.
Bolt means shop leads to the inventory
Beállítások means Settings leads to the shop
Kilépés means exit leads to the settings
And... there's another exit, which is alright there.

Also this:
As you can see there is no weekly, VS Túlélés means VS Survival, there's 2 from that, 1 english and 1 hungarian.

The rest of the game is english which is even better than this, but if you guys need help to translate stuffs or just take everything to the good place, I'd be happy to help as a hungarian fellow and killing floor fan.

I was thinking you probably installed a custom lang pack and it messes the game when there are updates in localization files and the pack is not up to date, but then I looked into game files, and like other languages, Hungarian only has three of the localization files, and apparently as you noticed it is a mess.

Yup, it wouldn't be a huge problem since you don't need much intelligence to play it in english, and I even used the hungarian language for months because I always forgot to change the language after I quit, but the fact that there is no weekly with that name there, that's the real problem. They should remove the hungarian language completely or really just fix this.
But as I mentioned I'm here to help to translate at least the menu and game modes correctly.

Upvote 0
The rest of the game is english which is even better than this, but if you guys need help to translate stuffs or just take everything to the good place, I'd be happy to help as a hungarian fellow and killing floor fan.

Hungarian lang update 2017.10.18 and 2018.05.17 :D a lot of new content has been added since then, which has no translation therefore duplicates the menu items
There are too many bugs in this game that will not be fixed
TWI work.

Upvote 0
This the list of languages we officially support on KF2. All others are STS and are community managed.
English (Text/Audio) - Language Code: INT
Latin America Spanish (Text/Audio) - Language Code: ESL
French Canadian (Text/Audio) - Language Code: FRC
Brazilian Portuguese (Text) - Language Code: PTB
French (Text/Audio) - Language Code: FRA
Italian (Text) - Language Code: ITA
German (Text/Audio) - Language Code: DEU
Spanish (Text/Audio) - Language Code: ESN
Polish (Text) - Language Code: POL
Russian (Text/Audio) - Language Code: RUS
Japanese (Text/Audio - Language Code: JPN
Chinese (Traditional) (Text) - Language Code: CHT
Chinese (Simplified) (Text) - Language Code: CHN
Korean (Text) - Language Code: KOR

Upvote 0
This the list of languages we officially support on KF2. All others are STS and are community managed.
English (Text/Audio) - Language Code: INT
Latin America Spanish (Text/Audio) - Language Code: ESL
French Canadian (Text/Audio) - Language Code: FRC
Brazilian Portuguese (Text) - Language Code: PTB
French (Text/Audio) - Language Code: FRA
Italian (Text) - Language Code: ITA
German (Text/Audio) - Language Code: DEU
Spanish (Text/Audio) - Language Code: ESN
Polish (Text) - Language Code: POL
Russian (Text/Audio) - Language Code: RUS
Japanese (Text/Audio - Language Code: JPN
Chinese (Traditional) (Text) - Language Code: CHT
Chinese (Simplified) (Text) - Language Code: CHN
Korean (Text) - Language Code: KOR

Thanks for the answer. I guess you should mail or something to steam then to remove the hungarian subtitles, because even if the game is not unplayable like this, it's really misleading, and I think you know it well that people won't say that the translator was mentally disabled, but the game is "stupid".

Upvote 0
Thanks for the answer. I guess you should mail or something to steam then to remove the hungarian subtitles, because even if the game is not unplayable like this, it's really misleading, and I think you know it well that people won't say that the translator was mentally disabled, but the game is "stupid".

If you want to participate in translating the unsupported language, register there and if this is still existing/working you would be able to translate the game.

Upvote 0