• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics How should I be using the BAR?

Troops in combat used slow fire more than fast fire, which is impractical got me wondering did troops tape 2 twenty round mags together so it has more potential on full?
They probably just used more accurate suppresion than blanket fire. The US Marine corps has started replacing their former SAW with the M27; contrary to portrayal in videogames, we currently do not have extended magazines in service for it, so the automatic rifle just has to use accurate bursts instead of dumping mags- I'd imagine it was something like that, but less effective.

Upvote 0
I was scared of the BAR the First 100 hours of RS now I dont fear it at all.
Maybe its because mostly noobs with fast Computers Take it or because i have gotten better but the BARs terror is over.

It is very good and accurate in single fire and good in automatic but I just prefer the Thompson and M1 Garand in the american arsenal. Its all you need.

When I played the BAR extensivly it was hard to decide how to use it. Very versatile.
1. Bipod and Auto fire
Using the BAR like another MG. Very useful if you Managed to flank the Enemy or your team is stuck. Lethality if the rounds is a nice Edge over the browning but just as japanese mgs ammo is low.
2. single fire automatic rifle
Always great but after some practice the Garand might do the same thing better. Less sway when standing.
3. automatic fire rifle
Uses way too much ammo but you can be sure to kill even banzaiing guys.
4. close quarter smg
BAR is not better than the Thompson but lethality again is a plus here.

Well anyway, having the bar gives confidense and it is a decent gun so it often makes beginners stronger than they would be with other weapons but I personally think no Veteran needs the BAR.

Upvote 0
You are correct. Didnt know the browning used .30 caliber.
It feels less deadly though. Strange... Maybe i am imagining Things here Cause banzaiing japs Take more than one bullet to drop but i seriously rarely dropped Someone with a single bullet from the mg1919.

I'm pretty sure its less accurate. So probably has a higher rate of arm and leg hits. And those certainly don't do much to stop a banzai attack.

Upvote 0