• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation How does one get Spec maps to work on Weapon Skins MIC?

KPC

Apr 30, 2017
Now I know I may be just be talking the wind at this point, expecting it to reply back. But I've run out of corners in the internet to search, and I've got nowhere else to go, so what better place than the forums of the creators themselves. I've promised myself I would not publish weapon skins for KF2 until they were up to my current standards and the standards of the current META. Well, that was 3 years ago and I'm finally getting closer to being able to publish again.But there are a few roadblocks in my way and this is one of them, and it has halted 9 weapon skin projects thus far. I know its possible, for IJC has done it on their Vietnam and Heirloom projects with great success, and some of the weapon projects I have require this touch of detail. Now that I have got Normal maps finally working, this is (if not the only) thing left in my way from being able to publish once again!

Tripwire, I have never spoke to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we published good or bad weapon skins. Why we designed, or why we published. All that matters is that we shared our visions. That's what's important! Dosh pleases you, Tripwire... so grant me one request. Grant me knowledge! And if you do not listen, then the HELL with you!

Sorry, It's late and I was watching Conan the Barbarian (The original one)...

- KPC ( The 3 years lost soul )