• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server How do I install custom maps onto my server?

You add the Map's directory to your server the same place that all the maps are located. I believe that you will also need an .ini for the map the way that it appears in the web admin list of maps. I have also been told that in RS2, adding any map requires a server restart as well in order for the web admin to recognize it.

Upvote 0
nymets1104;n2298094 said:
You add the Map's directory to your server the same place that all the maps are located. I believe that you will also need an .ini for the map the way that it appears in the web admin list of maps. I have also been told that in RS2, adding any map requires a server restart as well in order for the web admin to recognize it.

So I need to create a .ini file specifically for the new map I want to add? So do I need to add an line to an existing one?

Upvote 0
Srinidhalaya;n2298105 said:
If you click on the link i provided, it takes you directly to the paragraphs on how to set it up. Also, at home server, or GSP service?

It's a server I am able to RDC to so I'd say closer to the home server as I can access it like a regular PC.
I've followed the instructions on the link you provided to no success, I've uploaded the map to the server in the BrewedPCFiles folder and then named the folder VNTE-SuongWu, I've yet to create the repository which will hold the maps for download however I have updated the ROGame.ini to the specific data store.

Upvote 0
First I advise to simply have ONE folder for all custom maps. ROGame/BrewedPCServer/Maps/CustomMaps/ in order to keep track of custom content and avoid duplicates which will create conflicts and errors in the engine.

Place your custom map files inside the "CustomMaps" folder.

Copy the exact file name of your custom map, for example if the map file is VNTE-SuongWu.roe you copy "VNTE-SuongWu"

Create a new ini file in ROGame/Config/ and paste the filename you copied early, so the ini file is called VNTE-SuongWu.ini

Now edit this ini file and paste this, I already pre modified for the map file in my example

Code:
[[B]VNTE-SuongWu[/B] ROUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
MapName=[B]VNTE-SuongWu[/B]
FriendlyName=Suong Wu
GameType=ROGame.ROGameInfoTerritories
LoadMapMovie=[B]LoadScreen_Community[/B]
MapType16=ROMT_InfantryOnly
MapType32=ROMT_InfantryOnly
MapType64=ROMT_InfantryOnly
Author=[B]NorthDumpling[/B]

save, restart the server. Go to web admin, and see if map is recognized (because of the ini file it should tell the server that the map exists), you should be able to see the map in the Map Cycle page or in the Change Map page. If you see it in the Change Map page of web admin, select it and click the Change Game button, wait, and see if map correctly loads.

If the map is not recognized, stop the server, delete the ini file you created and modify the ROGame.ini file and add the block of text I told you to copy in the new ini file, next to the other maps block of text (search for [VNTE-Firebase ROUIDataProvider_MapInfo] and place it around here, following the logic in the ini file each block of text separated by a new line). Start the server and see.

I did not test but it should work.

Also look in the server log file if you see any error.warning related to your custom map.

And of course the map file you want to put on server and redirect is the COOKED FILE not the map you open in the editor, but the file generated by the editor after clicking the COOK MAP button.

For the redirect, RO 2 wiki is outdated. Simply add your map file to your redirect server, and place the url of your redirect server as explained in the wiki, but do not look for the other part where it talks about renaming files to upk and things like that, this is wrong. Just do that:

To enable this, the admin must open the roengine.ini file and add a new section near the bottom of the file. The section is called [IpDrv.HTTPDownload] and should look like this:

Code:
[IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
RedirectToURL=http://mywebsite.com/folder/

Don't forget the "/" at the end of URL.

Last edited:
Upvote 0