• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation Hosting custom player made content

The Loc-nar

May 17, 2009
it looks like skins ETC will have to be server side. i'd be happy to host player made skins ( must be white list). have to set up a vote pole for which skins would go on the public server i'd say for a week?

So if any one wants to make custom skins contact me via steam and i'll host em on a server!

By whitelist i hope skins will be optional. like i said in my suggestions, player models shouldnt be forced anywhere at anytime because some people will make very high quality, high required models that may cause major fps drops for the slower computers that can run the default models in the game at a high fps

Custom models. should be at a download page on the website or a website somewhere and be 100% optional to use custom or default retail modelling

Upvote 0
Unreal Engine games don't let you have client-side only effects like Skins/weapon sounds.. the way it's designed is to ensure that what the server has, all the clients have.

The good:
LameHax0r#1 can't use his Red/Green SkinHack while playing when everyone else has the actual game skins (not so much an issue for KF as it would be with a competitive game)
The Bad:
It's a tad more workflow to make custom skins and effects, and the server will push it to the clients if the server is setup to run it.

A quick bit of clarification is that if UserID10 connects and has a custom skin, it is -not- pushed up to the server, then back down to all the other clients... the custom content has to be setup by the server administrator (which can just come in maps, etc).

Upvote 0