• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Hosting a Dedicated Server with SteamCMD

Greetings again! I have two questions, for two problems I need to solve with KF and more certainly- server. Any appropriate solution is highly appreciated.

First question is related to old and stupid bug, that makes my steam rating recording while I run UCC. It happens mostly with SteamCMD, which never able to update server properly (always need 4-5 updates and always something missing. It never happened with HLDS). For sake of honor fix this thing already. It happens after 1039 patch. Before I could run UCC and then KF client, then exit KF and it was not counting. Now It says I play KF, no matter if KF client is running or not, even if closed. Actually I haven't play this game for ages and have no any wish to do so. But it bothers a lot with silly attachment to my steam ID. If there's any solution, how to make dedicated server be independent from my game and steam client, and live it's own life let me know, please. Someone will surely find this stupid, but please tell any fix no matter what you think. Thanks.

Next problem is actually old one either. I already posted about it before. No solutions have been found.
Problem is related to SteamCMD, after 1037 update, and still continues. I don't even know if this is problem of my OS, software or HW related. No matter where KF server folder located this CWinPerfCounters bug always appear. It can be a problem which prevents server from being updated and validated from first try. I don't blame anyone I just need to know what is this error comes from and how to fix it.

force_install_dir e:\KFServer\
app_update 215350 validate
Initial App state (0x2) update required
CWinPerfCounters::Init():Failed to add \LogicalDisk(e: )\Avg. Disk Queue Length to performance monitoring.

Once more, thanks to anyone for any solution and appropriate answer. Take care! :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Problem is related to SteamCMD, after 1037 update, and still continues. I don't even know if this is problem of my OS, software or HW related. No matter where KF server folder located this CWinPerfCounters bug always appear. It can be a problem which prevents server from being updated and validated from first try.

force_install_dir e:\KFServer\
app_update 215350 validate
Initial App state (0x2) update required
CWinPerfCounters::Init():Failed to add \LogicalDisk(e: )\Avg. Disk Queue Length to performance monitoring.

I've noticed the same thing, although when I let it wait long enough it eventually continued and finished the update.

Upvote 0
The main issue with dedicated servers

The main issue with dedicated servers

HI guys. Do you know the main issue with all of dedicated servers? When I was looking for a dedicated server, the main trouble I faced was a bad support. I did know really good servers. Fast, reliable, cheap etc. But when you face some issues or do have some questions you have to talk with support. That's why I highly recommend you dedicated server that is located in Swiss.

Upvote 0
hy, I'm Trying to set up a Dedicatet server on my Machine. For now, I'm able to launch the server but only in LAN. and I'm not able to find any clou how to get this thing Online.

uhm, i don't know witch information are useful for you. so just tell me what you need to know to help me out here.

so far: My PC is in a Network with multiple others PC over One router to the Internet.
if I start a Listen Server in KF everything went fine and others are able to connect. but i whant to run a sever so others are able to play while i'm not there to Play with them.

Upvote 0
Hy Guys,
I try to set up a Dedicated Server for a few friends and myself. As so far, I'm able to run the server but only in LAN Modus. What have i to do, to get this thing Online so my friends are able to join it?

so yeah... its now fixed. I just forgot to forward the Ports from my Router to my Machine!

I'm going to throw myself into some Clot for this stupid Fail!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0