• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Homefront '46

Some ideas that I had from a rant against Homefront a little while back, I'm not sure how far you are planning to mod so the single player stuff probably won't apply, although if any coop was modded, than it might help. I'd love to help if this actually starts happening, but I'm still working on learning how to map and so would probably be pretty useless.

But I fully support a mod like this.

Also, take a look at the insurgency gametype from Project reality. That I think would work really well in this mod as well.
If you include insurgency from PR, you must also have civilians. MUUUUUUUUUUUST! Because civilians are so fun!

Upvote 0
Ellis Island would be a perfect map for German Faljemjager to stage an attack on or even the Statue of Liberty.

With the Help of a few Bismark Class Battleships

Which could be a rally point for German troops going into the States.

The hospitals on Ellis Island would be a perfect child of beach landing + pavlovs house type map.... Wide enough landing for the Americans to get some beach kills but short enough for the Germans to storm the defences

Upvote 0
Remember these maps have to be designed. You're going to need one hell of a mapping team to get something like that up and running. I chose Newfoundland as a starting point because we could do a fairly standard North Atlantic-style beach map (ie cold, wet and windy) without having to worry about a lot of urban planning.

American and Canadians cities are obviously ultimate goals for us, but don't expect to see anything like Ellis Island or Qu

Reactions: Matkailija
Upvote 0
I would propose Torbay for a beach landing site here in Newfoundland. It's right next to our capital city, St. John's, and has a couple of beach sites in its vicinity that would make decent, relatively sensible landing spots. Note that our beaches in this part of the island are mostly made of beach rocks and gravel, and surrounded by cliffs - sandy beaches seem fairly rare in our province in my experience.

I've lived in Torbay for considerable portions of my life, and the advantages of it being a landing spot are fairly numerous. For one, Torbay actually has a history of naval warfare (Like many other parts of the island, it was subject to battles between the English and French, as well as pirate raids). Secondly, as I mentioned before, it's very close in proximity to the capital city. The city limits are at most ten minutes drive in modern terms away from either of the beaches, though the city was smaller in those times, so probably 15-20 minutes away back then.
Torbay is also, sort of, the site of an airport. At the time of the war, Torbay enveloped the area in which an airport was constructed for use by the Allied forces as a stopping/launch point for crossing the Atlantic - the Canadians, British, and Americans all had a hand in its construction, I believe. The airport is now called St. John's Airport and is within the expanded city limits, but at the time, I've read that it was in Torbay's boundaries. That would make for an interesting final objective on a fairly large beach-landing map.

The reason I suggest Torbay as the landing site, rather than St. John's, is because St. John's is a poor spot for a naval landing attempt. Cliffs line the waters surrounding the city, with not even the smallest beaches to speak of in my recollection. The port entrance is appropriately named The Narrows, because it's a narrow, sometimes treacherous opening.
Assuming landing craft were deployed outside the Narrows - which they would pretty much have to be, for reasons I'll delve into momentarily - they could certainly fit through the Narrows, but not only would they have to land at the existing ports (No beaches in the city, after all), they would no longer be immediately visible to supporting ships. The Narrows is basically just an opening in the tall cliffs - cliffs that would shield the landing craft AND most of the city from view from nearby warships.

The reason the warships would have to remain outside of the Narrows basically involves the size of our harbor and the defenses at the Narrows. The harbor is fairly small, relatively speaking - all manners of ships can dock and turn around in there, but not much else. As for the defenses, the Narrows could easily be mined, and there were gun installations installed along the Narrows and surrounding area during the war, making entrance to the harbor dangerous. Landing craft would probably have trouble making it without constant shelling support on the defenses posted at the entrance. There were also submarine nets along the Narrows to dissuade enemy subs from entering.

Sorry for the long spiel, but I'll wrap up by saying that the defense force would likely be an amalgamation of Canadian, U.S., and British troops. Newfoundland was a Dominion at the time - not a part of Canada, but rather the British Empire - and only raised two of its own regiments for participation in the war, both of them artillery-oriented and deployed to areas of Europe and Africa. Unless you went with a hypothetical scenario of Newfoundland raising defensive infantry - not too unlikely, I suppose - or Newfoundlanders comprising members of the other nations' militaries (Quite likely and historically accurate), you needn't worry about trying to get someone to do our elusive accent for voice commands. :p Though I'd gladly do it myself.

Upvote 0
'Homefront '46 - the Axis powers have pushed the Allies back to their home shores and are invading the continental United States on both coasts; the Japanese from the Pacific Northwest and the Germans from Chesapeake Bay.'

:D

Didn't know if it was based a bit after this after they had already pushed through the US a bit. But I love the idea, the pacific northwest needs more games based in it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ellis Island would be a perfect map for German Faljemjager to stage an attack on or even the Statue of Liberty.

With the Help of a few Bismark Class Battleships

Which could be a rally point for German troops going into the States.
Perhaps somehow you could remodel the Grain elevator into the Statue of Liberty. Some how.

Also, perhaps Spain could take thought on its old expeditions and historic missions and attempt to get Florida and Texas back after many years?

I wonder where Mexico and South America would fit in this.

Upvote 0