• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Homefront '46

It won't suck. We're going to start very small and try and work our way up depending on the level of support we get from the community.

At the moment all of this is simply on paper, but I've had some solid offers of support and I have a few modellers lined up. I just need to make sure I get to grips with the SDK.

All we're doing at the start is adding a basic Commonwealth faction (weapons, skins, voices) and attempting a single, small Newfoundland coastal map. We won't need to touch the Axis at all for a while, so that bit is easy.

Try and be optimistic. :)

Upvote 0
Speaking from a historical standpoint, if Newfoundland were attacked in that period of time, there is the possibility that there would be a contingent of American forces here as well as Commonwealth (British, Canadian). Newfoundland didn't become a province of Canada until '49, but from what I recall, we cooperated closely with Canada, the United States, and Britain. During the second World War, we served primarily as a stopover station for aircraft and monitored weather conditions on the Atlantic. The only action occurring here that I know of involved U-Boots attacking and sinking 4 ships moored at Bell Island in 1942.

History blurb aside, the reason I say Americans could be included on the map is that they had a number of bases and naval stations here on the island at the time, and along with the Royal Canadian Air Force, were among the primary users of our airports. While many Americans probably would've been called back to defend the United States from direct attack, I could still see some operating in Newfoundland, especially out of concern for the airports.

Upvote 0
now this is just an interesting point the Germans originally intended to make the tiger completely submersible to cross the English channel to invade Brittan. however hitler wanted the tiger now so that plan was scrapped. just a interesting tidbit that might help you with the mod. :D

yes it was literally intended to drive across the bottom of the english channel and roll there way right up the beaches imagine that sight. :cool:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
this mod isn't even developped and it sucks already, just make a mod based on facts ;)
Thats the uncreative thinking I hate to hear; there should be more mods that go beyond the historical and make "what-ifs?" that are actually believable! It can be done, and it should be done! Also, I don't see how this sucks :confused:

Upvote 0
Interesting, only read this thread now..

I came up with a similar idea today, posted elsewhere

Not that anybody would make it, but I think a totally awesome mod would be an alternate reality WW2, where the Germans win at the Battle of Britain and the Battle of Stalingrad, and WW2 continues into the 1950s, and you get to see the late war inventions come to fruition.

Basically a mod where the giant folleys made by the Germans never happened, so the war continues to escalate and everybody starts using the really late war and prototype stuff.

The Germans and Spanish Army invade the British Mainland, and Push further into the Soviet Union and deliver more crushing blows; stalling the Soviet counter-offensive. The idea embodies all the "what if" WW2 arguments surrounding WW2, every turning point in favor of the Allies is a turning point won by the Germans. The Heavy fighting continues in 1949 with all the armies returning with their newest and best equiptment, such as the Panzer Maus, the T-28, the TOG-2, the E-100, and Assault Rifles such as the STG44 in mass quantities, Eugene Stoner's AR-10, The Belgian-designed L1A1, and of course the SKS and AK47

Battles take place in Eastern Russia & Siberia, Western France and the West Coast of Britain & Ireland

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I like your post, but I'm not sure about the TOG-2 (especially compared to the T-28 and Maus). I actually think the Black Prince or Centurion would have been more likely.

The TOGs were designed between the wars as huge trench/infantry tanks - basically bigger, better versions of the old Mark V; the Churchill tank later fulfilled this role to an extent.

If you're going with the rolling fortress theme then you'd have the A-39 Tortoise (six were made and used) which would obliterate most things in its path. It had a 32 pdr gun and superb armour. :D

Anyway, I digress; the mod will be based in Canada and the United States, not Europe - and the invasion of Newfoundland which triggers the opening up of this theatre begins in 1946, though we can safely assume that the fighting in the North American theatre would continue well into the 50s. Also bear in mind that at this stage we're talking about little more than a small expeditionary force: third-rate equipment and fresh troops being thrown against an equally unprepared and poorly-armed local garrison. Actual epic battles (with late-war equipment) will come later.

Upvote 0