• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics HOE - Off Perk Viability?

infntnub

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Pennsylvania
Lately I have been messing around trying to find some of my "screw off" loadouts that translate to HOE.

Thus far I only really find the handcannons on medic to be a potential option.

On lower difficulties I like to accompany a flamethrower with a DBS and med pistol as firebug - not seeing much use to this on HOE other than crippling my team by limiting my trash control.

LAR reloads too slowly between shots and loses its potency a bit too much on HOE when not used as a SS so an option I really enjoyed in KF1 seems off of the table (mostly as a result of the increased game speed I suppose).

Anyone have any fun off perk options that seem to work somewhat well on HOE? I'm guessing the list is very limited. :)

I find the M79 really underwhelming on Sui/HOE if used off-perk - don't you also find it sends things like sirens and husks flying into (sometimes) bad situations?

If I have the dosh to spare sometimes I buy a pair of magnums but w/o the speedloader perk on slinger it doesn't always seem ideal - unless I just save them for specific "oh crap" moments. :)

Upvote 0
oldmidget;n2264667 said:
commando, scar, RPG7. RPG7 will 1shot fleshpound and scrakes domes. and scar is for everything else.

dunno how it would work on 6man though, i rarely play that.

No it doesnt 1shot on a 6man hoe game. However depending on the make up of the team it can either soften up FPs/scrakes or help kill them cleanly if demo is there. However you also need a team that is setup for trash control. I.e. no sharpshooter with railgun or 2 demos.

I tend to use it if there is no demo or only one railgun sharpie. But mostly as backup or plan B.

Upvote 0
2Clicks;n2265155 said:
No it doesnt 1shot on a 6man hoe game. However depending on the make up of the team it can either soften up FPs/scrakes or help kill them cleanly if demo is there. However you also need a team that is setup for trash control. I.e. no sharpshooter with railgun or 2 demos.

I tend to use it if there is no demo or only one railgun sharpie. But mostly as backup or plan B.

i know bro. i was saying HOE solo. i mostly play solo and in it the RPG is a dominant off perk weapon.

Upvote 0