• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC High Latency!

Lyndred

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 18, 2020
Long Story Short. I'm having a huge ping spike every time I play a 7 round game. I experience the lag at 6/7 and it will extremely get worst at 7/7, forcing me to use Task Manager to END TASK the game. I know that this is not an FPS issue cause I'm monitoring my bandwidth real-time via CMD (ping google.com -t).

Ping is stable at 25 and it will spike at 6/7. Sometimes my Ping will reach 1k or more or worst Request Time Out.

Is there any fix for this?

My Ping during 6/7 - 7/7 round
1595075705422.png

My Ping from Game Start to 1/5 rounds and after closing the game
1595075744404.png

This is not the Problem from the Game, no Problem @TW or Network -> Your Client connect to Dedicated Servers in near @You. What IP you Ping at your Screenshots????

Check or ask your Provider by such results so try to Ping Cloudflare 1.1.1.1 or Google DNS 8.8.8.8, if your Ping goes crazy too, so your complete Connection have trouble so far, if you Ping a Host only so the Host is sick....

Check out your Wired Connection and test first intern your connection so Ping your Router local and check out if all ok, so go external like the pings to DNS Servers e.g. your Hosts are real stable to make Ping testings.

Upvote 0
If it is consistent, on DIFFERENT servers, always at the last waves you have issues with latency, it could be many things.
Start by verifying your game files through Steam. It may be possible that your game files are corrupted and that the game is acting weird/crashing the system.
Then what are your system specs? are you sure you don't run out of resources in the late waves where you have often more bigger enemies?
Update your system and its drivers too, everything needs to be up to date to be sure nothing is broken on that side.
Maybe monitor everything possible (cpu, gpu, and ram usage and temperature, disk activity...) and log all, after you have the issue you can check with date/time what happened.

Upvote 0