• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Help me PLZ!!! Critical Error

D

Dragonfel666

EDIT: I SOLVED THE PROBLEM, I just copy and pasted everything into a whole new lvl, build all, and saved. Works and looks fine now. THANK GOD!!!!

OK so when ever i build my lights i get this error
-------------------------------------
General protection fault!

History: FPoly::SplitWithPlane <- FPoly::SplitWithNode <- FEditorVisibility::FilterThroughSubtree <- FEditorVisibility::FilterThroughSubtree <- FEditorVisibility::FilterThroughSubtree <- FEditorVisibility::FilterThroughSubtree <- FEditorVisibility::FilterThroughSubtree <- FEditorVisibility::FilterThroughSubtree <- FEditorVisibility::FilterThroughSubtree <- FEditorVisibility::FilterThroughSubtree <- FEditorVisibility::FilterThroughSubtree <- FEditorVisibility::FilterThroughSubtree <- FEditorVisibility::FilterThroughSubtree <- FEditorVisibility::MakePortalsClip <- FEditorVisibility::MakePortals <- FEditorVisibility::MakePortals <- FEditorVisibility::TestVisibility <- UEditorEngine::TestVisibility <- UEditorEngine::shadowIlluminateBsp <- UEditorEngine::Exec_Light <- UEditorEngine::Exec <- (LIGHT APPLY) <- UUnrealEdEngine::Exec <- WPageOptions::BuildLighting <- WEditorFrame::OnCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- MessagePump <- MainLoop

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need to get this problem fixed since i have put in about 80 hours into this map and its almost done. Now i do have alot of lights, do you think it could be too many lights? Or maybe some lights accedently placed in the wall? PLZ HELP ME!!!:(

Its issues like these that make me what to quit lol

Last edited:
my earliest version does the same thing. That was the 1st thing I tried. All 3 version does the same thing, I think maybe when i saved the file, it kinda froze, maybe it didnt save right. since the map is almost as big and complex as the original KF Maps

ALSO: What if i was to copy and paste everything onto a new map? would that work? And if so, how would i copy all brushes and objects at the same time

Last edited:
Upvote 0
my earliest version does the same thing. That was the 1st thing I tried. All 3 version does the same thing, I think maybe when i saved the file, it kinda froze, maybe it didnt save right. since the map is almost as big and complex as the original KF Maps

ALSO: What if i was to copy and paste everything onto a new map? would that work? And if so, how would i copy all brushes and objects at the same time

To copy all brushes at the same time, zoom out and then select the whole area, thats what I do. You have to be on that top left tool of the toolbar I think (or top right) and I believe you hold down shift+alt at the same time to be able to select with the left mouse button. I'm not in the editor now but its easy to select all and copy that way.

Upvote 0