• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

HC FPS gamer here, a few suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
aight peeps show some maturity, we are constantly saying how much better the game is when compared to COD, lets show how much better our forums are when compared to COD forums..:D

QFT

Also can we please hold off on downrating new members so quickly? There were 0 out of 13 people who "liked" the OP's post when I first read this! The OP is curious about the game, and seems to be genuinely excited about it. Why do we have to down-rate enthusiasm so much?

Regardless of how ridiculous some suggestions might sound, understand that these people are new to RO, might not have played it yet, and therefore are unsure what to expect. So let's not scare them off just yet, because I'm hoping to playing on more than 24/7 Danzig servers in 2015.

Welcome to the forums mate.

Upvote 0
QFT
Why do we have to down-rate enthusiasm so much?

It isn't enthusiasm if you write:

7. Most important make the graphics as good or if not better than COD5 or Black Ops.
Seriously?

Nice "suggestion", I'd put that alongside the "please make nice sounds" and the classic of "please make good animations".

It's not like any developer would not like to have nice gfx and good sounds, let alone need a "suggestion" like this.

Imagine Ramm waking up in the morning, reading the "please make nice graphics" suggestion and suddenly runs around screaming "EUREKA! Making a game visually appealing is something none of us thought of! Let's do it at once!". While having a bath he probably would read the miraculous "suggestion" of implementing nice sounds and then drowns because of an heart attack. Then Wilsonam finds Ramm's body, looks at his smartphone, reads the "please make nice animations" suggestion and runs out crying because he didn't think of this back in 2007. :rolleyes:

Gah, do some people really think that the devs are THAT stupid and need "suggestions" like this?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
All I'm asking is that people hold off from attacking new members who are naiive when it comes to RO. Most of us have played RO for years, so we need to be ready to welcome those who know little, or even nothing about it.

Of course, but there's so much info available already that people who come on here entirely uninformed don't deserve much welcome. This is not really aimed at the OP btw.

There are those willing to inform themselves and there are those who aren't.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You guys are missing the most important aspect of this whole thread altogether......

Name me any other game deveolpment/publisher company where the vice-president would be among the first to comment on a question posted by anyone... Yeah...I didn't think you could.

Floyd (and no, I didn't downrate his post)

Upvote 0
1. Include silencers
2. Include weapons perks similar to World at War.
3. Include knifes
4. Scope cross hairs must be hair thin for good distance shots. Please fix that, otherwise you lose the target.
5. Make controls like past COD games.
6. Have a Free for All game option.
7. Most important make the graphics as good or if not better than COD5 or Black Ops.
8. Keep a balance of between over kill realism and easy play ability.
9. Make grenades easier and quicker to throw. Too many steps.

From what I understand I hear you guys are working with clans. Because of that, I've been messaging over 300 players/clans in my Xfire to promote your game. The word is spreading!!! But it's got to be as good if not better than the current crop of games. This game has given me some a FPS hope. A balance of difficult shooting level that has smooth game play and very high quality graphics. The graphics in the main menu look horrible. I do hope you take some tips from COD5 in the graphics, music, and game play department. Best of luck and we are all watching closely.

I'm a huge bolts only player. I'm a huge fan of COD5 and thus far it's been the best COD game. I come from a long FPS gaming history, and I communicate with hundreds of people. Many of us hard core FPS gamers were disappointed with the lack of bolt only weapons in MW2 and Black Ops. Kill streaks that lead to over power vehicles just killed the game for many of us. I want a blend of COD2 and COD5. We hard core gamers want to get back to the core of shooting skill. We are tired of spawn camping and kill streaks that win games. Why fight when your chopper can win it for you?

I hate to flame people,but from what I can see I can immediatelly come to conclusion that you have never played RO.
As for the part where you claim you are HC FPS gamer is until you actually play RO and find out that the "HC" dont apply any more.

I've played COD franchise every since the first game and expansion vCOD and UO all the way till WAW,never bought MW2 and BO.While playing it all of this years I competed in both divisions TWL and CAL-O.

But when I first started playing RO,all of my so called HC gaming went down the drain,took me good 3 weeks,and now I mow down heads no matter what weapon:bolt,scope,MG,LMG you name it....and I smack between 100-200 points per game.Dont forget in this game killing an enemy only gives you 1 point!!! 2 points for killing a leader which they are very rare to come across...

Mostly of my earned score points are by capping areas,but I dont go below 30 kills per game which you as a begginer NOOB will find it very hard to kill someone due to the fact that aimsight sway,recoil are all implemented in RO,and they are ivem more effected when your out of breath after long run...

Wanna be ready for ROHOS? buy ROOST from steam and take your time to get good,cause I guarantee you,your nothing but a newbie,100% sure of that.

Its simple wanna rock in RO2,spent some quality time in RO1.
Just speaking the truth,not :troll: !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Lucan946
Upvote 0
I think that's more down to taste.

As a matter of fact, I actually prefer CoD2's gfx over the later CoD's.
No,that's a fact, UE3 is 9000 times better than IW Engine, just see that COD has not physics at all... the only thing that it has is some cool model lighting which is exaggerated and shines like if there was a sun on each model...and think that they are console ports = some crappy textures...:troll:

Upvote 0
Wow!!! Got to run, but I'll post fast. No, I'm not a troll, did you read my post? Just giving my opinions about what I would like to see in the game. Is this not the "Suggestions thread"? I have never play RO, so no, I don't know much about the game. I have done alittle research on youtube, but there is not much. Man...what a bunch of COD haters here. I understand you guys pride yourself in a more realistic game play, but what is a hardcore gamer? I've been playing for 12 years, does that make me a hardcore gamer? I play a lot of what I play, and I'm good at it. As I'm sure many of you are good at what you do. I'm sure the learning curve on this game is a steep one, but I'm sure I'll pick it up after playing hundreds of hours of it like you. So please respect everyones game.

I just want to see you guys make a good and successful game. Now I respect you guys for creating something realistic, but as a company do you want to sell the game? Sadly there's a very small segment of bolt players out there. Why, it's a more difficult game. It's going to be the same with RO2. Can there be a balance for the casual player and the hardcore player? I agree with most of what you guys say, but there are some things in COD that are appealing to the masses. Why not make the game for the casual player and for the hardcore player? Don't we all want the PC community to buy it? For example the XI clan, they have 500 members and many, many, servers. There are many casual clans out there, but the XI clan enjoys playing FFA and other game types. Are you going to exclude the possibility of 500 game sales? Not to mention many other clans that play casual? Anyway that's your decision, but if you want the PC community as a whole to embrace your game, I would consider FFA and anything else that will appeal to the new customers. I enjoy playing it as well, but I'm ready to move on to a more realistic game like RO2. It's just up my alley.

I understand you guys want to be your own, very proud, and I respect that as well. I can live without many of what I mentioned above. Except for the scope crosshairs. Why be that picky? They suck! LOL I love sniper play, but not with that scope. Now the affects look great, I'll give you that, but in the end it's how it plays. Enough said. The perks would be nice as I love the sound of the supressors, but ok.

How about this suggestion, if there will be no perks, how about a veteran conditioning point system. One based on expirence points that allow you to reload faster, run longer/faster, steady the gun longer/faster, less prone to noise distractions and etc. Now that's something different, and it's realistic. Don't think I've ever seen this in a game. People want to work for something, so give people the desire to work for that veteran status. I thought of this when my buddy mentioned that there's nothing fresh in FPS, it's all the same, I disagree with RO, but this would be different and fits in with your style of gaming.

I'm pumped and I can't wait to get RO2. In the meantime, I'll try RO. I'm new to this game, but add me to your xfire; wahoo4 Please no jerks like above posts. lol

I for one am pumped about this game as I'm bored of the

Upvote 0
No,that's a fact, UE3 is 9000 times better than IW Engine, just see that COD has not physics at all... the only thing that it has is some cool model lighting which is exaggerated and shines like if there was a sun on each model...and think that they are console ports = some crappy textures...:troll:
It does have physics. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.