• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gunslinger Perk - Yes or No?

Gunslinger Perk - Yes or No?

• Total voters
Personally, I'd like to see pistols moved to their own perk. Simply put, dual pistols have no place in the sharpshooter perk, and even without them it is still a viable perk. In my ideal world, the sharpshooter would retain his bonuses to the 9mm, but would lose his bonuses to the handcannon and 0.44

The Perk Ladder as I see it for the Gunslinger/Officer/Agent, from reviewing this thread.

Role
-Medium Zed Slayer: The Agent is an expert at handheld ordinance. While skilled at hitting small targets, his real expertise is in eliminating dangerous medium-sized specimens like bloats, husks, and sirens (and to a lesser extent, gorefasts). Against larger specimens he can still hold his own with his dual HCs if neccecary. In tight situations, his ability to trigger more and longer zed-time can be a lifesaver.

Level 0
5% Handgun Damage Bonus
5% Handgun Reload Speed Bonus
5% Handgun Discount
25% Siren Scream Resistance

Level 1
10% Handgun Damage Bonus
10% Handgun Reload Speed Bonus
10% Generic Draw Speed Bonus
10% Handgun Discount
10% Zed Time Duration Increase*
10% Higher Zed Time Chance
30% Siren Scream Resistance

Level 2
20% Handgun Damage Bonus
15% Handgun Reload Speed Bonus
15% Generic Draw Speed Bonus
15% Handgun Discount
20% Zed Time Duration Increase
20% Higher Zed Time Chance
35% Siren Scream Resistance

Level 3

30% Handgun Damage Bonus
20% Handgun Reload Speed Bonus
20% Generic Draw Speed Bonus
20% Handgun Discount
30% Zed Time Duration Increase
30% Higher Zed Time Chance
40% Siren Scream Resistance
Immune to Screen Shake

Level 4

40% Handgun Damage Bonus
25% Handgun Reload Speed Bonus
25% Generic Draw Speed Bonus
40% Zed Time Duration Increase
40% Higher Zed Time Chance
1 Zed Time Extension
45% Siren Scream Resistance
Immune to Screen Shake

Level 5
50% Handgun Damage Bonus
30% Handgun Reload Speed Bonus
30% Generic Draw Speed Bonus
50% Zed Time Duration Increase
50% Higher Zed Time Chance
1 Zed Time Extensions
50% Siren Scream Resistance
Spawn With a Single Handcannon
Spawn with Armor

Level 6
60% Handgun Damage Bonus
35% Handgun Reload Speed Bonus
35% Generic Draw Speed Bonus
60% Zed Time Duration Increase
60% Higher Zed Time Chance
2 Zed Time Extensions
55% Siren Scream Resistance
Spawn with double handcannons
Spawn with Armor

*Zed Time Duration Increases only trigger from Zed Time caused by kills made by the agent (extensions caused by the agent also get this bonus).

Upvote 0
To end the ongoing request for the gunslinger, I have been coding(with help) something similar. I present to you The Dual Wielder. I am currently nearing my testing phase. I have looked over this thread many times for ideas on what to do to the class, please understand that I am not on my final version yet, but I am hoping to have a test out within the next week.

Upvote 0
I disagree.
For me, Sharpshooters should deal with high priority single targets, not with trash. Or even with both at the same time (as you asked in the other thread).
Plus the Demo wasn't that original, as the Supporter used to fulfill that role before. They took away weapons that didn't fit to a Perk and created a new one. Perfectly the same thing here.
I'd LOVE to see the handguns being taken away from Sharpshooters. I don't really care if theres gonna be a Gunslinger Perk or if the handguns are just offperk in general (or maybe give them to the Medic).

My idea for a Gunslinger was to give him some kind of ability to taunt the zeds and lure them in a certain direction.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is a stupid idea because we already have a perk that uses handguns, and that's sharpshooter. If there's another perk to be added it should be something original like demo was, not something that's already been done before.

Better ideas, make it happen.

Good job, you have completely missed the entire point of the thread that had been repeated several thousand times within the thread. Besides, with the recent turn of events, I don't think I support a pistol perk anymore. Encouraging pistol use off-perk seems to be the new goal, and it's a damn good one that we're actually managing to achieve.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Good job, you have completely missed the entire point of the thread that had been repeated several thousand times within the thread. Besides, with the recent turn of events, I don't think I support a pistol perk anymore. Encouraging pistol use off-perk seems to be the new goal, and it's a damn good one that we're actually managing to achieve.

Mk23/M29 with zerk is a good lightweight alternative to the LAR.

Better for crawlers though.

But with Claymore/M29 you have room free for say, an M4.

Upvote 0
I love this idea. I think the Sterling would be the better choice, anyway. It looks a little more "firey" to me somehow.

sterling01.jpg

Perhaps it could do with painted patterns on the barrel shroud? Like flames, or maybe a little firebug logo on the very back of the gun.

I stand by my point that if it ever gets added ingame, it should be called the Gordon 9mm SMG.

Upvote 0