• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Console Gun skin crashing

Can confirm that it crashes on PS4 every time when equipping these skins except for the Mac10 Neon RGB (unless you’re talking about a regular Neon skin).

It also crashes for some other weapons:

- Helios Rifle (all variants, not just RGB)
- Mosin Nagant (all variants)
- Riot shield and G18 (all variants)
- Killerwatt (all variants)

This should be looked at as it’s quite frustrating for everyone who bought or owns any of these skins. These crashes are not new either, they’ve been around for a very long time already.

That interests me, as both my Mosin Nagant skins and Riot Shield skins don't crash my game, and I am able to equip Killerwatt skins with no crashes. This makes me begin to think that it may be different for other people. And yes I am talking about the normal Neon MAC-10 skin, not the RGB version.

I'd also like to add that I've now crashed when trying to create a game on the maps Ashwood Asylum and Shopping Spree, which I still find very strange (and irritating).

Upvote 0
That interests me, as both my Mosin Nagant skins and Riot Shield skins don't crash my game, and I am able to equip Killerwatt skins with no crashes. This makes me begin to think that it may be different for other people. And yes I am talking about the normal Neon MAC-10 skin, not the RGB version.

I'd also like to add that I've now crashed when trying to create a game on the maps Ashwood Asylum and Shopping Spree, which I still find very strange (and irritating).

That makes it even worse as it’s not possible to tell which combination of skins makes our game crash. I did try several things already like uninstalling, removing all skins, testing out different scenarios but for me it’s always the same weapons that cause my game to crash.

However I never had any problems with creating games on specific maps.

Just hope this gets at least looked at with some priority. It’s not necessarily game breaking as there’s a workaround but not being able to use something you’ve paid for is just plain unfair.

Upvote 0
Am pretty sure this is what the real issue is.

I am currently at the limit for equipped skins and would really like to use the Spectre skins I recently acquired but without the limit being lifted/removed that is an impossibility.

Fingers crossed this finally gets resolved in an upcoming update.

If anyone would like to double-check/confirm my theory I'm willing to give access because this issue has been a nuisance for a while and with more DLC to come it'll only get worse.

Upvote 0
I found the skins that always crashes my game and that skin in the freezethrower prestiege and vault precious also the stoner vietnam filed tested, battlescared and halloween filed tested and battle scared these are the skins that keep crashing my game. also I draw the line with DLC weapons with ones that I would really like to have free especially a Minigun, but no give me $10 for a minigun plus skins.

Last edited:
Upvote 0