• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Grim Treatments Opt-In Beta 1 Survey

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    As always, a big thank you to all our players who opt-in to a beta to help us fine tune systems and discover issues to correct before the final release! For those who are taking part in the latest beta for the upcoming Grim Treatments release, please take a moment to fill out this survey as we start making changes for the second beta.

Last edited:
    Not trying to be insistent (i do, actually) but please rework new armor system so it could work with hitzone and skill modifiers, because right now lvl 25 Sharpshooter with all damage bonuses and off-perk guy both doing exact same amount of the damage to rioter's head armor.

It just kills me when i have to land 6 shots with LAR as a SS just to break the armor.

Reactions: missing_trigger
    Upvote 0
    68Roublesis$1;n2334525 said:
    Quick question. Why isn't the buckshot pistol a gunslinger perk weapon as well? The spitfires and even the grenade pistol are gunslinger weapons, but for some reason the HRG Buckshot is not. It seems really odd to me that it wouldn't be part of the gunslinger, and I was very excited to use it with the perk...

Probably because the HRG intention was to modify one perk's weapon to suit another perks skills (not in a crossperk way where both sides can use it the same way).
    Since buckshot is basically modified 500 magnum, and the fact that it has a ridiculous spread and a few pellets being shot from the barrel.... gunslinger would have a difficult time to use it, as it would be forced to press the gun right up the zeds face to do an accurate and meaningful damage.

Upvote 0
    missing_trigger;n2334528 said:
    But we kinda doing that already... or is it only me?

idk, depends on how well you aim
    according to this, not that well >:3

i myself usually try to keep the distance from zeds infront of me, so i wouldn't get smacked with the sudden zed attack teleportation because thats how the game works.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Probably because the HRG intention was to modify one perk's weapon to suit another perks skills (not in a crossperk way where both sides can use it the same way).
    Since buckshot is basically modified 500 magnum, and the fact that it has a ridiculous spread and a few pellets being shot from the barrel.... gunslinger would have a difficult time to use it, as it would be forced to press the gun right up the zeds face to do an accurate and meaningful damage.

I understand that, and I also understand that the HRG Buckshot's model and animation are both copied over from the .500 (though slightly modified), but I don't understand how that would justify not having it included as a Gunslinger weapon. Also, regarding the range limitations of using buckshot in a handheld revolver design, wouldn't the HX25 grenade pistol have just as difficult or even worse of an issue since it also has a shotgun-like spread? It seems to me that the hx25 is less like a gunslinger weapon than the HRG Buckshot, especially considering that the HRG is pretty clearly based on the .500's model/design.

There are also real-world revolver handgun designs that fire shotgun shells such as the Raging Judge XXVIII (which fires 28 gauge, if I recall correctly). Considering things like ergonomics and recoil control, anybody who could handle and work a .500 effectively shouldn't have much more or an issue handling shotgun shells, especially if the gun is just a modified version of the handgun the shooter is used to.

It just seems silly to me, and it seemed so obvious to include it as a gunslinger weapon that I was sure that the devs simply forgot to add it. Everything about it screams HANDGUN except for the type of munition that's fired.

edit: Along with this, I would gladly welcome the gameplay variability that a handheld shotgun could give to the class. It seems like a wasted opportunity the way it is now...

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    68Roublesis$1;n2334532 said:

only that judge would make sense as slinger weapon, since 28 gauge usually has more pellets in it than your 12 gauge that usually has about 8... While in 28 gauge can be over 100... Granted in smaller size.

So with these many pellets, it would be easy to hit zeds head from a medium range, while with this b1 buckshot that has 6 pellets with quite a spread circle.... My point still stands that it wouldn't be a very effective slinger weapon unless you plan to put the barrel right onto the forehead.

If they change the pellet count and maybe choke the spread a bit, then yeh it could work as a slinger weapon and you could fully complain on why its not added to slingers arsenal as well.

The only sense i find in hx25 being in slingers hands, is that in this game the explosions and fire deal head damage rather than a body dmg.
    so in theory you can rack em up and deal a lot of head trauma with that thing no matter which bodypart you shoot.... Except that pellets have to land onto the head to count as a headshot and increase the rack em up stack.

Upvote 0
    68Roublesis$1;n2334532 said:
    It just seems silly to me, and it seemed so obvious to include it as a gunslinger weapon that I was sure that the devs simply forgot to add it. Everything about it screams HANDGUN except for the type of munition that's fired.

I don't agree with it either, but all five of the new weapons coming with this update do not feature crossperk. If this is some sort of decision for the future of the game I'd rather see crossperk removed from all weapons. You don't make a rule in a game that you only follow sometimes. It doesn't sit right with the player and it makes things confusing for both them and the developers.

Upvote 0
    Alright, so here are my two cents on the update (so far!)

-The new map is excellent. Certainly one of the best you've put out in a looong while. It's also deceptively big! I really like the mood it has, as well as its aesthetics (the new tags and RIP items are a nice touch). Definitely one I'll play often!

-The new Nuked objective map is... decent. I actually find clever that you managed to create a claustrophobic feeling by making us spend most of the time inside the bunker. Other than that, the objectives are sadly quite boring yet again... Even if they appear to be harder due to the amount of zeds and low breathing space. I would have also loved to control the tank at the end... oh well!

-The Abomination is indeed more challenging... But to a fault. I'd say he's even more annoying to find than ever before due to how stupidly powerful he is now. The bile monsters are certainly the worst aspect of it to. A single one of them can blast away your armor.

-The HRG buckshot is certainly my favourite of the new bunch! I disagree with most of the comments, I actually like it just the way it is. Recoil and all. My only complain would be that it's somewhat inconsistent with its shots... I'm sure it was meant to be (as the weapon is definitely a CQC gun), but it makes headshots stupidly hard. I also believe it is somewhat hard to use as a primary...But it's definitely one of the best sidearm the support could use right now!

-The HRG Healthrower is...yet again a weak addition to the medic's arsenal. I'm sure it's a healing powerhouse, but as a weapon it honestly do jack****. Even fully upgraded, it takes forever to kill anything besides crawlers and clots. I understand that the medic SHOULDN'T be able to inflict tons of pain, but at that point... That's honestly ridiculous.

-The HRG Nailgun is quite the opposite : an absolute zed melter! It does burns through its ammo very very fast, but that's also part of what makes it so damn enjoyable. And as a SWAT weapon, with all the appropriate skills, it becomes even more ludicrous. And am I dreaming of does it PIERCE zed's armor? It seems to absolutely nuke husks, sirens and rioters ! Definitely a must-have... that should probably be nerfed. I doubt I'll ever use any other SMG until then.

EDIT :

-The new "hold your ground" objective is definitely better, even if it makes far less sense. I guess keeping things fun is sometimes better than cold logic.

-The ability to put skins on the HRG weapons is definitely a nice touch.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Honestly i dont even know if health thrower is even effective.
    feedback from it is almost non existant as idk if it heals my teammates or not.... Especially seeing how much ammo you have to use to maybe see an effect.

tried it on nuked obj console wave and i think it kept teammates alive, but didnt heal back fast enough.

Upvote 0
    Aleflippy;n2334550 said:

Tbh the hrg nailgun is so good, i wouldn't touch its dmg at all.
    I would take nerf to total ammo pool, as the gun shines more at killing big zeds rather than dealing with groups of zeds.
    maybe 84 bullet reduction, or 168... but the upgrade path still locks you up till late waves so that aspect balances itself out.

+ at this stage every other smg is similar to one another (except mac and 201) that at this point it ends up as a personally preferred main trash killing weapon.

mp5 is still fokhen dead, rip that gun.

Upvote 0
    In a future Beta, it would be good if Tripwire set the first boss battle in Endless to be the one they want us to test (assuming there's a change to a boss). I tried out the Beta last weekend, and I didn't get the Abomination after several Endless and Survival mod matches. I filled out the survey, but had to leave the Abomination review blank.

Upvote 0