• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Grenade Impact/Awareness thread [Merged]

PETERPANs

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
It will be nice to hear sound of grenade on impact. Current style is poor.

There should be several sounds, based on type of impact surface and type of grenade.

For what it is?
- better chance to avoid grenade explosion by fast crouching or fast jumping behind solid structure, when you dont see falling grenade by your eyes.

Reactions: LemoN
If you mean better sounds when grenades bounce off of or hit objects, then I would like to see it as well.

A grenade hitting a tank will sound different then it hitting mud.

Would be cool if they made splash effects when they land in puddles of water.

Not a big deal or very important, but sometimes the small details are nice.

Upvote 0
Will there be grenade awareness in RO:HoS?

Will there be grenade awareness in RO:HoS?

Will there be grenade awareness in RO:HoS? For instance, in Darkest Hour you have a decent awareness of grenades since you can hear a soft noise when a grenade lands. But in standard RO you can't hear s**t, and the game ends up being way too much of a nadefest to be enjoyable IMO.

Upvote 0
holy ... i think no one here wants to have a nade indicator as in other noob games. if the nade is well timed - bad luck, you r dead.

but the thing with throwing them back is a good one, and OF COURSE no indicator or something. a realistic noise feedback would be cool.

imo you hear even if someone is about to throw a nade (you hear the "clack")

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Do you mean actual "grenade awareness" or do you mean "Will the grenades make a louder noise when they land near me?"

The latter. By grenade awareness I'm referring to grenades making a noise as they land.

I've always been able to hear a grenade land near me in RO just fine.

Forgive me if I'm skeptical, but I doubt that most players notice a sound from the grenades, given how many more grenade kills there are in RO compared to DH...

Either way, I really hope the devs will make sure that RO:HoS isn't a boring nadefast as standard RO. I for one will likely not buy RO:HoS unless there's a decent nade awareness until a patch or mod is released correcting the issue.

And a little off topic: How many posts do I have to make to get rid of my posts needing admin approval?

Upvote 0
holy ... i think no one here wants to have a nade indicator as in other noob games. if the nade is well timed - bad luck, you r dead.

but the thing with throwing them back is a good one, and OF COURSE no indicator or something. a realistic noise feedback would be cool.

imo you hear even if someone is about to throw a nade (you hear the "clack")

Guys read through the OP's post. Nowhere does he mention that we would like to have an CoD style indicator.
He just wanted to know if grenades will have an easily distinguishable sound.

:IS2:

Upvote 0