• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Give the Brute some love

Give the Brute some love

• Bring on the Brute!!

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • I never liked the Brute 'cause I'm a noob.

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Brute like zed but different. Bigger badder.

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
We had a massive debate over crawlers pushing people an inch too far with jump attacks, I don't think the Brute throwing people against walls is a step in the right direction. A big zed that takes full advantage of the new perk mechanics and requires new strategies? Sure, but we've got plenty of "big" guys right now. There was a good thread about a new zed concept a while ago. I suggested a flyer but then I remembered cliffracers were a thing.

Upvote 0
Aleflippy;n2267134 said:
...... As for the shiver... really guys? After complaining for so long about the teleporting zeds, you wish to have... a teleporting zed!?

ButtProblems.;n2267106 said:
We had a massive debate over crawlers pushing people an inch too far with jump attacks, I don't think the Brute throwing people against walls is a step in the right direction. ........

Exactly so!

FoolishNinja;n2267082 said:
.... A teleporting zed would be great and I think TWI already has some great ideas for new zeds.

o0 lol - Are you sure? :)

Mention the T-word to some players and they will stop attacking zeds and attack you!! ^^

Upvote 0
ButtProblems.;n2267106 said:
We had a massive debate over crawlers pushing people an inch too far with jump attacks, I don't think the Brute throwing people against walls is a step in the right direction. A big zed that takes full advantage of the new perk mechanics and requires new strategies? Sure, but we've got plenty of "big" guys right now. There was a good thread about a new zed concept a while ago. I suggested a flyer but then I remembered cliffracers were a thing.

This is pretty much a perfect response to whether or not the addition of the Brute is a good idea. :p

Upvote 0
These comments about having a teleporting zed while complaining about them is quite hilarious. XD The Brute and the Shiver were not a 'fun' type of challenge though, just annoying.. (and by that I mean "Aww he got me!" as apposed to "F*ck this game man" /ragequit) much like the currently modded Banshee that likes to just ragdoll you almost 24/7. I'm just praying for the return of Dead Space/Doom monsters, though c: (And yes, I did hate the teleport on the Lacerator lol)

Upvote 0
Whats wrong with one type of zed that could teleport?
He would just teleport next to you, hit you few times and then teleport again to another player. I that sounds interesting to me, tho

The FP could be made smiliar to the Brute. When he enrages, he could just run trough the players, kicking all in his path away (do some damage if necessary) and hit the farest player.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh, you are serious?

btw, not sure if you devs heard this yet, but teleporting zeds could use some attent

Testamonies of teleporting zeds is going to linger in google's belly forever

;)
Btw, not sure if you devs heard this yet, but your search function is absolutely broken. I had to use google to dig these threads up because alledgedly it couldn't find any hits for "teleporting" or even "zeds" with title only checked.

FoolishNinja;n2267243 said:
Whats wrong with one type of zed that could teleport?
He would just teleport next to you, hit you few times and then teleport again to another player. I that sounds interesting to me, tho

Now I'm gonna be serious: What about the fact that damage you cannot prevent and is instantly applied out of nowhere is bad game design?
I could petentially get warm with the idea of zed that uses teleportation as a defensive measure to save it's own life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Escadin;n2267263 said:
Now I'm gonna be serious: What about the fact that damage you cannot prevent and is instantly applied out of nowhere is bad game design?
I could petentially get warm with the idea of zed that uses teleportation as a defensive measure to save it's own life.

It doesnt need to be tanky, he could be like the stalker. Hitting you few times (possible to kill him while attacking you) and then disappearing or teleporting to another player. It doesnt really sound like a bad design for me.

Upvote 0