• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Game type scheduling

Cat_in_da_Hat

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 11, 2006
TWI this is a really good idea.
And you know I have come up with some of the best admin ideas for RO in the past.

Idea - A way for server owners to automate a game type and map list schedule based on their community's expectations.

A simple example
9am to 7.30pm – map voting on map list 1
7.31pm Campaign.
When it ends, back to voting map list 1.

For my crew at Aussie NZ Good Gamers that would be awesome.
Rationing campaign and making it a special event is critical – yeah it can be done manually but why not automate it?

Campaign became ritual for non-regular RO Australian players during the mid-later stages of RO2 because it was only offered on Sunday evenings. I know this for a fact as I pay the server bills and monitor activity and it had next to no players during the week but a spike on Friday and Saturday and a massive big spike for Sunday's campaign back then.

I will be reverting to a similar schedule pretty soon in Australia as I feel the Campaign concept quickly loses value when overplayed.

It would be great to get something automated and I am sure other server operators would benefit.

NB - Australia is different, we don't have populated RO servers 24/7 as we are very busy riding our kangaroo down main street and drinking Fosters beer, as you all know.

NB2 – We really don't drink Fosters beer. We export it to places like America or use it to clear drains blocked with koala fur. Nothing like a deep-fried marsupial.