• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Game speed: Too Fast - Unplayable [Solved]

Humam2104

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 1, 2020
I think The game speed has problems, sometimes the zeds are moving slowly and sometimes they're moving so fast it's crazy and unplayable even though it's the same map and the same difficulty (mostly HOE and sometimes suicidal)... there's something wrong with the engine
Note: I have a 4790k with a GTX 1070 on a 144 hz monitor... any solutions?

Last edited:
No modded servers, this happens mostly on solo with vanilla gameplay solo ... zeds are moving with certain speeds in some games and sometimes start moving with higher speeds than usual when a zeds tries to attack it's impossible to evade his attack for some reason.. as if I'm too slow, online gameplay tends to have reasponable speeds compared with solo for some reason... plus, when I play I sometimes see the zeds moving with constant speed and all of a sudden gain some speed for a second and then come back to their original speed..
I've lost numerous times due to this.... and the game is sometimes reasonable that gives the player room after killing a horde and sometimes zeds keep spawning continuously... I remember once that wave 3 started and hordes came behind me and in front of me all of a sudden I was cornered and died instantly (it was a corridor on suicidal), I will try to upload a video explaining the issue but it doesn't happen everytime, a restart sometimes fixes it
Note: I'm a +600 hours player on Steam
the zeds runs so much faster than this guy's, plus my zeds seem to be sprinting most of the time too, even the walking speed itself is faster for some reason...
for example, and no this is not a modded video just a vanilla gameplay

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My gameplay (Solo)

You can see her that I can't run away from gorfiends, stalkers, slashers and alpha clots
playing the game like this makes zeds that spawn around me immediately attack me when I've just seen them spawn.. there's no time for me to react to them...
Abomination spawns keep spawning one after another, one time I was standing and 5 abomination spawns appeared right after one another from the same direction behind one door and I had no time to react to them and moving away from them doesn't help... running from them is impossible since they always explode in my face no matter what direction I go
Also, playing Objective mode is unreasonable. I always turn my camera around and I find 5 zeds to my right and 5 to my left they corner me all the time even in wide spaces which is unreasonable... I couldn't beat objective mode till I played with berzerker 175 hp which is really crazy.
running from gorefiends is impossible, avoiding crawler attacks is impossible... avoiding any attack while moving away is impossible since they all move faster than I do. I've seen tons of youtube videos and I can't seem to understand why the game is faster than it should be.
Note: I've tried berzerked, Gunslinger, and even medic which have +20% movement speed and no it doesn't help, because each zed hits me with a combo and I can't avoid any of it

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Have you ever tried the good old delete the KF2 folder in documents? Do this, but first make sure you are not subbed to any mods, then launch the game without verifying files. See if there is any noticeable difference for you. Don't play on servers with modded tick rates and do not modify tick rate in client. I know some people do and it created problems.

Upvote 0
I didn't modify any tick rates and I don't know what that means. I'm playing solo just like that guy and the game plays like this
I have potentially found a fix for the problem which is to open the game in Borderless Mode, I don't understand the technical details behind this but I've tried this with my friend with solo and multiplayer and we both really noticed that dodging zeds is way easier and it couldn't be done before. Also zeds now don't skip animations and their animations are played properly. I wish that you fix this and I can show you a video of this if you want.
Check this out, this clearly shows my point:
Watch how I don't have to keep moving in Borderless and I stop multiple times and she can't reach me while in Fullscreen she easily can

Last edited:
Upvote 0
More footage:
This footage also shows a player running from QP but their walking speed is definitely weird (This is an online game in a regular suicidal server, no mods included)
According to game's Wiki, Quarter pounds and fleshpounds can't be frustrated so this isn't supposed to happen

Last edited:
Upvote 0
More footage (Siren):
Siren - Normal Speed Wave 3
00:11-00:13
Siren - Accelerated Speed Wave 2
00:00-00:11
Both of these were taken at HOE in the same match (The normal speed is at wave 3 while the accelerated was in wave 2)
No settings were change in either of the parts of the video.. this issue seems to happen more on HOE

Upvote 0
I have potentially found a fix for the problem which is to open the game in Borderless Mode, I don't understand the technical details behind this but I've tried this with my friend with solo and multiplayer and we both really noticed that dodging zeds is way easier and it couldn't be done before. Also zeds now don't skip animations and their animations are played properly. I wish that you fix this and I can show you a video of this if you want.

Upvote 0
After a lot of trials and fixes, I've found the ultimate fix for this unsual speed pattern from the game:

1. Open Nvidia Control Panel
1608244840428.png
2. Go to Manage 3D Settings
1608244865243.png
3. Click on Program Settings> Click Add>Look for KFgame.exe (usually found in: SteamApps\common\killingfloor2\Binaries\Win64)
1608244889699.png
4. Scroll down till you find Vertical Sync> Choose On> Apply>OK
1608244960439.png

You don't have to lock the frames in the game as this should be enough, I've tried this fix on 2 devices so far and the results are good.
Also, playing at 60fps or 120 fps (variable) didn't affect the game much for me.
HOE is just god a lot more reasonable as I'm playing the game with the normal speed now.

Note: I haven't tried enabling vsync from the game yet, but this fix worked for me.

Upvote 0