• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Game crashing on launch

Bluntman420

Grizzled Veteran
May 21, 2015
Los Angeles
The game bug splats when I try to launch it.

This happened to me in the beta preview as well. My game crashes while launching. I click on "start game" and it tries to boot up and then it gives me a bug splat error.

I've done multiple cache verifications. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice. Kittenmittens mentioned that I had a shader issue and recommended the deep cache verification which didn't work (tried it 3 times).

I sent an error report with all extra files under the email [email protected].

After 2400 hours of playing the game, how do my shaders all of a sudden stop working? What else can I do to try and remedy this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Clean the Documents/My Games/KillingFloor2/ folder folder (delete it whole or rename it to something else if you want to keep it for backup), unsubrscribe from Workshop items too maybe (shouldn't break your game but just in case, you can try if the above doesn't work unsub all and clean my games and then try). The My Games cleaning solves most of unreal engine 3 unexplainable issues.

You can also verify your system, make sure all the pre requisites are properly installed (reinstall as admin (right click executable, run as admin) all the redistributable you find in your program files at Steam/steamapps/common/Steamworks Shared/_CommonRedist/ and install all Windows updates too.

You can try also a clean full reinstall of video drivers.

Make sure you are NOT using any program that creates game overlays like fraps, riva tuner, and so on..

Reactions: Bluntman420
Upvote 0