• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Future RO fronts

Absolutely nowhere. Eastern front gets about zero attention, and thats where some of the fiercest fighting took place. Most americans dont have a real appritiation of what happened "over that way." Its fresh and interesting and will stay that way since all those "next-gen" WWII games are from the american perspective.

Upvote 0
Hyperion2010 said:
Absolutely nowhere. Eastern front gets about zero attention, and thats where some of the fiercest fighting took place. Most americans dont have a real appritiation of what happened "over that way." Its fresh and interesting and will stay that way since all those "next-gen" WWII games are from the american perspective.

I agree I think there are alot more stories to be told on the eastern front. Just let IW make a pacific game, you know they will.

Upvote 0
I have this fantastic idea about new front. Winter war. It would not need many players. Maybe 10-32, depending on map size. All players would be in trenches, playing as Finns, Ruskies would be played as AI. Cuz they are already stupid, it would not be hard to get 100 AIs running towards you, shooting into air and yelling "uraa!". Then it would remind the winterwar? But really, no idea in producing winterwar since it was mainly a defence-in-trenches -war for finns.

But yeah, continuation war would be cool to see. It was a war where lots of ruskies lost their lives and Finland earnt it freedom. Large forest maps would be awesom to play as finnish soldier. It would be Eastern front, it would involve, germans, finnish soldiers and ruskies and it would involve different type of terrain for battle(no more these arad type of grasslands, I'm talking about forests and forestroads and fields and small villages). And ofcourse finnish classnames "Kiv

Upvote 0
Hyperion2010 said:
Eastern front gets about zero attention, and thats where some of the fiercest fighting took place. Most americans dont have a real appritiation of what happened "over that way." Its fresh and interesting and will stay that way since all those "next-gen" WWII games are from the american perspective.
I agree 100%. I find it very irritating actually the continual obsession some have with the American campaign in Europe. It's like WW2=Americans in France and nothing else. "Oh a WW2 game huh?,..where's the tommy gun, the Garand, the BAR, and don't forget the Shermans!!" AHHHHHH!!!!! *BANGS HEAD AGAINST WALL WHILE PUNCHING A BAG OF RAZORBLADES* (Not alot of RO players thankfully). I liken it to eating hamburgers every day of your life then one day you go to a mexican restaurant, eat a tostada then say: "yeah that was good but do you guys have any hamburgers?" The Pacific Theatre would be cool though as that has not recieved huge attention.

Upvote 0