• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fun Facts That Could Provide Useful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk0bYgAKvLo

Advanced Voodoo Doll techniques:

When you decapitate a ZED and it's head still there, you can shoot it (the head) to deal the damage to ZED's body.

It's only does 1 point of damage per hit but it still quite funny that you can do such thing.

For example, as lvl 25 Support with Salvo, spawn a 200 HP gorefast in front of you, do 2 knife stabs in the torso and 3 more to the head, the last one should decapitate it, then shoot both barrels in the laying head and body will die instantly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Patros
Upvote 0
My biggest tip. Is when facing king fleshpound. If i ever die and my squads still alive. I know we have lost because none of my squad ever seem to know that you can dodge the kings deathlaser by ducking! Your running away. You hear it charging up. Stop running and duck. Simple as that. I cant count the amount of times my squads been wiped out by that dreaded (shoot tru corners/vehicles) deathlaser.....Duck!

Reactions: Ditendra08
Upvote 0
Some stuff concerning Spring Update:

- Rioter's armor health for head / torso is 450 / 500 (25% less on Normal). It absorbs all damage while its on. However any head damage greater than Rioter's head HP will work differently - likely cause actual head damage.

- Rioter's fire vulnerability is x3, used to be x1 when it was Elite Alpha.

- Armor wearing rioter cannot sprint, even when it rally boost itself. However it will enrage upon losing either of armor pieces.

- Mac 10 bullets have 10% chance to spawn residual flames. However it only appear so in ZED Time, normally its a hitscan weapon that doesn't use projectiles so no flames here.

- Despite being an SMG by the nature, Mac 10's bullets actually have same damage type as shotguns. Hence have different approach to ZED's resistances. Comparing to P90 (same 30 damage) Mac 10 is less effective against Clots but more effective against Gorefasts or Husks.

- Dragon's Breath now has 10% chance (per pellet) to spawn residual flame too. Works all the time.

- Gravity pull of HX25, M79 and M16 has been increased by approx. 2 times . The projectile speed for these weapons was reduced from 50 m/s to 40 m/s.

- Husk Cannon does 100 damage w/o charging. Every 0.2s of charging it gaines 1 point of charge power up to 5 points after charging gun for 1 second. As weapon charges it does more damage, getting bigger radius and more incap power.

The formulas are:

Damage = base damage x (1 + Charges x 0.7)
Radius = base damage x (1 + Charges x 0.3)
Incap power = base damage x (1 + Charges x 0.22)

So fully charged Cannon does x4.5 more damage, has x2.5 wider radius and x2.1 more incap powers.

- Husk Cannon projectile does 0 damage, hence aiming to the head and Demolitionist's High Impact Rounds and Armor Piercing Rounds have no effect on this weapon. However Bombardier, Frag Rounds and Passive damage bonuses do work. The projectile also spawns the Ground Fire, but only when fully charged.

- Dual AF2011-A1s actually have different ROF and penetration power depending on what ADS style currently selected (no actual ADS needed). By aiming in KF1 manner you're getting ROF of 461 and penetration power of 2 but "modern" ADS style gives ROF of 545 and lowered penetration power (1.5).

- Reloading and switching to/from AF211-A1(s) almost entirely resembles one from Desert Eagle(s). No hate here! :)

- Field Medic's Acidic Rounds was buffed significantly. It used to be 7.5% of weapon damage, now its 100% (same damage as weapon has but different type of the damage - toxic), repeated for total of 3 ticks.

- All Clot got slightly fatter (not visually). Their new mass is 65 (used to be 50) so now they're slightly less affected by pushing force and also do bit more damage when they land on top of you.

- C4 moved to the "Tools" slot (#4).

- .500 SW(s) now does 10 more damage (160). 1858 models - twice more (60).

- Player activated traps in DieSector do 40 points of Fire damage to ZEDs and do not affected players themselves. However these traps along the one in the main room do 4 point of damage to both - players and ZEDs.

- Barriers do 10 points of EMP damage within 2s intervals.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't see the point of moving C4 to the tool slot where the welder and healer reside. I prefer having them as a primary weapon so you don't have to fiddle around with the keys to select the detonator. Granted, C4 is a tool in it's own right, but it's a weapon first and foremost.

In relation to the double barrel trick with big zeds, one easy way to deal with scrakes is (if they aren't raged) walk up to the zed and just blast him in the face. You don't need to jump to do this. When the scrake starts swinging, you can temporarily stun him for a second by bashing his face before pulling the trigger. This makes the scrake stand still and straight long enough for an easy headshot. The resulting damage will make him stagger backwards, and if you're quick enough you could line up a second quick headshot to finish him. However, it's wise to do this ONLY when there are no trash around, as they can mess up the technique. Haven't tried this on FPs due to their swinging animations, but I don't believe they get stunned as much.

Upvote 0
The new outbreak spotted in the wild, dunno if and when its coming but its playable via game modding.

Horde mode: Players start with the pistol, knife and no grenades. Some ZEDs replaced / have a chance to be replaced by Clots. SC and FP replaced by Bloats / Husks. QPs can still spawn.

No trader time, instead during the intermission players have to scavenge for items - ammo and weapons which in this mode have their own spawning rules.

Suicidal, Short game. ZEDs spawn much faster.

All bosses replaced by King Fleshpound. King FP spawn its normal QP minions but also some non FP ZEDs and can also (currently disabled) spawn some extra QPs when it appear on the map.

Upvote 0
Bit more of Did You Know? stuff:
  • Berserker is affected by all forms of DOT for 20% less time than any other perk.
  • Berserker's Resistance skill has hidden attribute - it replaces Bloat bile camera effect with the "light" version that is much easier to see through and it also decreases Siren's scream VFX strength by 20%, although i can't really measure "strength".
  • Commando gets XP just for revealing Stalkers to teammates, you don't even need to kill them, you get XP as soon as your teammates kill them.
  • Spitfire Revolver(s) is the only weapon in game whose bash attack damage is not boosted by Berserker's skills. Instead in works with Gunslinger and Sharpshooter skills.
  • Shapshooter's skills that modify damage depending on stance (stationary, crouching, ADSing) as well work with every tick of Spitfire fire DOT. Should you move or stand up your next DOT tick will do less damage.
  • You might think that DOT with 5s duration and 1s interval does 5 ticks, but the way it works is that it starts its first tick after 1st interval expires and it wears off completely when remaining duration < interval, so as a rule of thumb (in most cases) actual amount of DOT ticks is (Duration / Interval) - 2.
  • Firebug's Napalm skill applies napalm damage (7 points) to initial target at the same rate as weapon fires, it effectively boosts weapon damage. Only works with flame spraying weapons - CnB, Flamethrower and Microwave.
  • Field Medic has hidden passive similar to Berserker's Resistance - less distractive camera VFX from Bloat bile attacks.
  • Extra explosion radius of Demo's Mad Bomber skill works even outside of ZED Time.
  • Unlike Survivalist, Firebug's Molotovs and Residual Flames last on the ground twice as longer.
  • Commando's Backup skill boosts 9mm's damage and does work along the passive damage bonus. For SWAT it does not.
  • 501's grenade impact damage (but not the explosion) is affected by Demo's skills.
  • Firebug's Napalm and Barbecue, when selected alone, provide x2.5 longer DOT duration. But together - only x4.

Upvote 0
[QUOTEConsider using the 9mm Handgun to conserve ammo (and thus money) on trash zeds on all difficulties. This will help you reach those Tier4 Weapons much faster.][/QUOTE]
For those trash zeds I just invest 200 pounds or dollars on the crovel melee tool. One hit from that takes care of the crawlers, stalkers, the cyst and the clot. Which helps me to save my 9mm ammo for something else. Especially if I use 2 of them.

Upvote 0
simplecat;n2315433 said:
Some stuff concerning Spring Update

- Dragon's Breath now has 10% chance (per pellet) to spawn residual flame too. Works all the time.

I presume this is for stock T2?

Dragons breath had innate chance for fire once upgraded. Getting it to T5 boosts the chance per pellet significantly.

- shooting a m79 verticaly will drop a grenade in 2 meter radius for where you are standing in 5 seconds. Consider this for takedown for medium zeds as it gives you enough time to reload and fire it again.

Upvote 0
At full health level 5 Berserker with 200hp and 3% damage resistance should be able to survive fall from any height.
There are few guns in the game that do not get damage bonus for buttstock attack from the Berserker (Beluga, Winterbite, Spitfire).
Damage perk tick from Spitfire, when used by Sharpshooter depends on player's stance (standing, crouching) if corresponding skills selected.
Vortex radius of Gravity Imploder is affected by Demolitionist's and Survivalist's skills that modify explosion radius.

Upvote 0
At full health level 5 Berserker with 200hp and 3% damage resistance should be able to survive fall from any height.
There are few guns in the game that do not get damage bonus for buttstock attack from the Berserker (Beluga, Winterbite, Spitfire).
Damage perk tick from Spitfire, when used by Sharpshooter depends on player's stance (standing, crouching) if corresponding skills selected.
Vortex radius of Gravity Imploder is affected by Demolitionist's and Survivalist's skills that modify explosion radius.
I didn't know that about the Spitfire, that's pretty neat ! I doubt I'll ever use it since it grants little bonus (if at all) besides that, but it's clever.

As for "survive fall from any height" however... Is there any place, in any map, that would kill you from fall damage alone while on full health? Anywhere that isn't an instant kill obviously.

Upvote 0