• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fun Facts That Could Provide Useful

AK-12 does have an useful red dot, but I still find the Bullpup sight slightly better, and the recoil much more controllable. The damage is slightly lower but on full-auto and ZED-time on you can easily pull out quite a few headshots without needing to release the trigger, with several extensions. Bullpup is also an excellent weapon for "hip-firing" on the move due to the almost non-existant recoil.

Part of the reason I am also biased towards Bullpup might be that when the original Killing Floor came out to Steam, the Bullpup was the only weapon the Commando had. Literally. No AK47s or anything. Bullpup, take it or leave it. I used it, leveled my perks to 5 before the AK and the rest of the guns were added, even played Suicidal difficulty with it. Because it was the only thing I had as a Commando. But I am saying you should NEVER underestimate the Bullpup as a viable option for trash-cleaning in early waves, as a very cost-effective alternative to the AK-12. In skilled hands it will be viable until the later waves too, until the need for raw firepower exceeds the need for accuracy and ammo conservation.

When I mentioned taking out the Scrake as a Commando, I was referring to a situation where you have no choice than to engage it (such as end of a wave and you are the only player still standing with a Scrake after you). S.C.A.R. has a good accuracy for those 20 headshots if needed, but if need is a must, swapping to another gun (an AK-12 at close range doesn't need accuracy for headshots :p) is a safer way to deal with it rather than fiddle with the magazines.

Upvote 0
firebug things:
-like the flamethrower its better to semi-auto fire the microwave gun/caulk n' burn instead of holding down the fire button

-the CCs from fire and the CCs from microwave are different making it useful for stalling FP/SC

-the stumble from perk lvl 10 will stumble ANY zed including Hans (all firebug perk weapons will proc the stumble, regular stumble cd applies)
(Note: this doesnt include the 9mm pistol or the knife :mad: )

-microwave gun does bonus dmg to Hans (x1.25 or 25% more dmg), SC (x2 dmg), and does regular dmg to FP (ignores the FP normal 50% resistance)

-despite some of the aftereffects the microwave gun has no afterburn damage

-the microwave gun's AoE is deceptively big (bigger than the flamethrower's)

-the microwave gun is much weaker than the flamethrower for weak mobs (all clots varies, crawlers, and stalkers) impact-wise (2/5 the damage of the flamethrower)
but has a much better AoE damage (about x5 stronger, excluding afterburn, flamerthrower does 70% more if you include afterburn which takes 5 seconds) making it much better at dealing with large crowds quickly
(its much more useful to save the ammo for FP/SC though :))

-the microwave gun's blast (its alt-fire) only pushes zeds back (doesnt stumble them unless with lvl 10 perk) and will push smaller zeds farther
Note: pushes all zeds including Hans

-microwave gun's blast is quite weak (takes 11 shots to kill a FP solo HoE at point blank, nearly 2x as much ammo as semi-auto, although its better than holding down fire, but not by much) so only really use it for its utility

Upvote 0
I feel like tips like these should be found somewhere in game. A lot of people learn this stuff by experience or not at all and I doubt a large percent of the new players go on the forums to find out how to play. Guides like this in game except a little more detail, like having a small one page guide for each perk, each difficulty, general game knowledge, and each zed, would be greatly helpful for bettering the community. Just have some stuff that explains the ups and downs of each weapon and perk bonus and the general purpose of each class, what abilities and stats change depending on each difficulty for each zed, general knowledge like healing teammates, what affects movement speed, etc, and list what each zed is weak/resistant to and what it can do and when it can do it (such as raging at health thresholds; a lot of people still don't know that if a scrake gets close it'll attack, but if you hit it back it will rage and wreck you if you're not ready).

Upvote 0
I feel like tips like these should be found somewhere in game. A lot of people learn this stuff by experience or not at all and I doubt a large percent of the new players go on the forums to find out how to play. Guides like this in game except a little more detail, like having a small one page guide for each perk, each difficulty, general game knowledge, and each zed, would be greatly helpful for bettering the community. Just have some stuff that explains the ups and downs of each weapon and perk bonus and the general purpose of each class, what abilities and stats change depending on each difficulty for each zed, general knowledge like healing teammates, what affects movement speed, etc, and list what each zed is weak/resistant to and what it can do and when it can do it (such as raging at health thresholds; a lot of people still don't know that if a scrake gets close it'll attack, but if you hit it back it will rage and wreck you if you're not ready).

Soo like a wiki?

Upvote 0
9th.
Armament skill (lvl 10) for Medic works with every tick of the Medic Grenade, Which means that each tick will repair 2% Armor, all the way up to 20% total (Armor Increasing stats/skills greatly benefit from this repair as the 2% is based around max armor instead of a solid 100 armor)

This was patched and no longer works. Nowadays, one medic grenade counts as one tick. HOWEVER, you can leave the gas cloud and enter it again for a second tick.

Upvote 0
This was patched and no longer works. Nowadays, one medic grenade counts as one tick. HOWEVER, you can leave the gas cloud and enter it again for a second tick.

There's a reason for the bold white text in the start of the OP.

I stopped updating this because I got so many tips, posting them all here would've been redundant, so instead I made a steam guide which is kept up to date.

Upvote 0

Soo like a wiki?

I completely agree with the former post's suggestion that not a lot of new players know this stuff or have the time/inclination to read up about the strengths and weakness of perks, weapons and different tactics. Whilst there's a wealth of information online, I find that other games do a pretty good job of [and the first Killing Floor described it okay, I guess, but it had limitations] in the loading screens where they'd suggest things about the zeds, and the kinds of things certain perks were better at than others.

Whilst this may seem obvious to seasoned players, and even new players that are naturally inclined to seek out information regarding the games, some players have a myriad of reasons why they simply don't do it.

When I first started playing KF1, I copped a lot of derision from seasoned players because I was new and didn't really know what I was doing. Some players get disheartened quickly, and I think it's detrimental to the game's community if this information isn't easily accessible. Rather than see players leave the game frustrated and confused because they died for, as yet reasons unknown to them, or having seasoned players browbeat them for making n00b mistakes, it'd be better if the wealth of information this community has to offer were available.

If this information were readily available either in loading screens, as a clickable hint bar in the lobby whilst waiting for other players, or in a menu item of its own - handy hints about which classes do what more effectively, functions of the game and why they happen etc - the game would be more likely to retain and increase its player base.

A game where players don't understand and can't learn from why they failed will, in the long run, fail itself. A game where information is plentiful is a lot more likely to succeed and continue to provide incentive for new players to stick at it.

Upvote 0