• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fun Facts That Could Provide Useful

Bloats seem very susceptible to being knocked back. If you're out of ammo but just in range for them to vomit on you, go to bash and dash forwards to smack him away then start running to reload.

Don't waste ammo on headless trash, but don't be afraid of bashing them. Even if they're not your kill you may not get dosh but you will get XP at no loss of ammo.

Consider switching to semiauto when using the Commando's starting weapon. Despite being weak, it's just strong enough to decap most trash. Burst fire is just asking to waste it unless you're trying to decap a bloat or husk at close range.

Commando's ammo cost doesn't increase when you take the large mags skill.

Reactions: Ditendra08
Upvote 0
I think even bashing headless corpses gives you assist XP.

My roommate was saying he was getting XP off of Scrakes despite deliberately trying to not shoot them. (In all the chaos, the chance he did damage to it anyways somehow is still pretty likely.)

I wouldn't mind some dev clarification on how assists and kill XP actually work.

But regardless, yes, when you pass a headless ZED, melee them. It knocks them down and stops them from being a bullet sponge for the specimens behind them.

Upvote 0
- Keep a good track and control to where your screen center is. The viewmodel of your weapon in first-person perspective does not represent as a directly sign of its accuracy status to the time being. So while you're aiming through the sight of your weapon, firing and feeling (well, actually more like looking) its recoil, instead of to judge whether your firearm had fully recovered from recoiling yet by its animation, judge it by the time.

If you don't know how long it takes for the weapon you're using to settle from its recoil, go test your weapon on a wall. See how long does it needs to pause to land the next shot to your screen center, which is where your actual point-of-aim will be and where the sight of your weapon would try to stay on.

------

Even if the recoil system is a bit more complex, say it calculates the recoil in accumulation instead of a straight additive by randomly selecting a vector as well as a corresponded index value to kick/recoil, the time would still be something you can rely on to tell whether does your weapon had settled from recoil as center speed slash recoil recovery isn't a factor to vary in videogames (just yet.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
- Keep a good track and control to where your screen center is. The viewmodel of your weapon in first-person perspective does not represent as a directly sign of its accuracy status to the time being. So while you're aiming through the sight of your weapon, firing and feeling (well, actually more like looking) its recoil, instead of to judge whether your firearm had fully recovered from recoiling yet by its animation, judge it by the time.

If you don't know how long it takes for the weapon you're using to settle from its recoil, go test your weapon on a wall. See how long does it needs to pause to land the next shot to your screen center, which is where your actual point-of-aim will be and where the sight of your weapon would try to stay on.

------

Even if the recoil system is a bit more complex, say it calculates the recoil in accumulation instead of a straight additive by randomly selecting a vector to kick/recoil as well as a corresponded index value, the time would still be something you can rely on to tell whether does your weapon had settled from recoil.
I'd actually heard the gun just fires where the gun is pointing. In my experience that's what it seems like it happening.

Upvote 0
Nope, the people who shoot headless bloats are wasting 1-2 magazines on it. At least those who I'm talking about, while all that is required to get the experience is a single shot.

What? Everybody who have ever damaged the zed gain experience after his death, and everybody gain the same amount of experience, regardless of who has dealt the finishing blow. And what I said was not to kill a headless zed, but to shot it with a single bullet to get the credit for him and experience as well.

Still that, the kill is going for the one who gave the last damage on zed. Ok, it's a coop game, kill doesn't matter, but what about money earned from kills?

Upvote 0
9th.
Armament skill (lvl 10) for Medic works with every tick of the Medic Grenade, Which means that each tick will repair 2% Armor, all the way up to 20% total
(Credit to TerraMaw)
So do a lot of meds throw five grenades at the trader each wave then? Because if I'm understanding correctly, they should; it could save the team 16000 dosh over the course of a game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd actually heard the gun just fires where the gun is pointing. In my experience that's what it seems like it happening.

I've been not using ADS except rarely in the beta and I can agree with this. The recoil seems non-existent when shooting from the hip. Enough I can make minute adjustments and put my next round exactly where I want.

Upvote 0
Medic tip

If you are a medic, PLEASE TAKE FP IN YOU CHEST!!! Same for SC! You are the shield's team!
Just saw this. That's how I've been rolling since I got comfortable with Medic. I've got a better chance at tanking and surviving than maybe even your average skilled berzerker. (Until Armor runs out.)

I lead in with the shotgun, followed by a bash to the skull and then I kite while the team shoots em. I take a crap load of damage but I can shrug most of it off as long as I've got armor left. When you've got multiple FPs and SCs, I can usually tie up one at least with bashes and kiting. In that situation I'll usually end up dueling one until the rest of the team shows up to kill it.

It's not absolutely effective and you can't really do your job 100%, which is keep everyone else alive. But I'm definitely not bored!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Medic tip

If you are a medic, PLEASE TAKE FP IN YOU CHEST!!! Same for SC! You are the shield's team!

really? if anyone is the team's shield its the berserker, beserkers have a bunch of melee weapons that can parry and block SC/FP.

and which would think has the better outcome? a berserker shooting nails and sawblades with a medic using a scalpel or a berserker with a pulveriser and a medic shooting and sticking healing darts into the berserker like a madman

in the majority of these cases the berserker has a better chance at survival unless there are multiple medics

Still that, the kill is going for the one who gave the last damage on zed. Ok, it's a coop game, kill doesn't matter, but what about money earned from kills?

dosh can be transferred, though i get that people will probably spend it on themselves of course

Last edited:
Upvote 0
really? if anyone is the team's shield its the berserker, beserkers have a bunch of melee weapons that can parry and block SC/FP.
Between the speed and the potency of self-heals, medics can start fights and then abandon them pretty easily. When you just need a distraction it's not bad. I'm not saying it's ideal versus a competent berzerker. But those aren't always a guarantee.

In a way, as Medic, I'm saving everyone money. My armor costs 1/3rd what everyone else's does, and that's a big expense every round. And tanking every big guy (or trying to) every round, I usually manage to walk away with some armor left due to how much of it I have. So I see a lot of benefits for Medic at least as an off-tank, and the tank with no berzerker who can parry (and I've healed enough to know that if you don't block or parry, there's a slim chance you'll survive toe-to-toe.)

At least until the other might-be tank class comes out.

How much of a bonus to armor does medic get per level? At above post, it's probably more so an emergency thing vs the routine tanking method.

3%. Which is a shocking amount of armor for normal, at least until you fight Hans. When I play other perks I have to remember that I'm not playing Superman anymore :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yay me! And you guys. I will expand it with map thingies and more about perks after I've slept.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=425843240

If you could rate it up so people can see it, I'd appreciate it. (Do so only if you think it's good though)

nice to see it up on steam too since some people dont have an account for the forums

some other tips:

the siren's scream destroys nades in range, if they have not detonated (medic's nade will not be destroyed if the blue cloud is already there)

throwing nades (support and commando) at hans just as he finishes drain someone is pretty effective as he will usually throw out nades immediately after, making a small window for easy nade damage because he no longer take reduced damage and there is no need to lead the nade (just drop them at his feet after his arm retract)

Upvote 0