• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

FPS fix!! I have got it figured out

Hey guys, for those of us who dont have high performance rigs, such as people using graphics cards like the Nvidia 8800 I have found out how to help you!

Now most importantly your going to want to go into your documents/games/RO2/Binaries and delete ROEngine, dont forget to make a backup. Anyway this will reset your graphics, and for some reason for me it allows my game to run at 75-100 fps!!! its great no lag and no glitching around even on a 64 slot server!

Also setting your shadows and non essential things excluding Model detail and other similar settings down will help alot, tuning your model details will also help significantly

*EDIT* I am so glad i managed to help out so many people! if anyone wants a full guide on the steps i take to make it work better, go ahead and message me and if i get enough ill make a full post with all of them

I ****ING love you!

a whole match at Pavlov's house and not 1 stutter or drop below 35 fps.
Not only that, but at higher gfx settings too! a lot higher!
you sir, deserve a cookie. TWI, HIRE THIS MAN!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have got it figured out

IF YOU ARE HAVING PERFORMANCE ISSUES TRY THIS

I registered in the forums just to post this.

Mods, this thread should be stickied and in fact, look at culling and recreating the roengine.ini as indicated here as part of a patch..

Since doing this, I have a very noticeable performance increase. More importantly, on my old rig with a mere gtx220, athlonx2 dc 3ghz and 3gb of ram with 32bit Vista, I am able to run the game with everything on ultra except shadows and postprocessing, with a consistent ~30FPS (a minimum playable IMO)

The game actually seems to perform better at higher settings than lower, I recommend trying increasing your settings beyond what you would think is sane for your system.

Upvote 0
As it says in the linked performance thread:

Before starting with any tweaking of things make sure of the following:
If you participated in the beta make sure all config files are deleted before starting the game for the first time.

I missed that. I cannot help but think that the patching should have deleted this on it's own - there may be many people from beta who did not see this and so have not deleted the leftover, deprecated config files (roengine.ini) Not publishing the patch notes to Steam does not help.

So, since this is a good game with some rough around edges, try this. Helps a metric shi tonne.

Upvote 0