• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

FPS fix!! I have got it figured out

hmmm interesting, their patching process must leave existing files alone because there are more than a few changes:

ROEngine.ini
MemPool size for texture streaming increased from 120 to 140
Your graphics were reset / probably dumbed down. I know my resolution got lower. Other than that, no other changes that couldn't be attributed to the settings defined in ROCompat.ini, which didn't change

ROUI.ini
bCaptureUnprocessedInput changed from False to True
bSynchronizePlayers=False deleted

ROGame.ini
MaxConcurrentHearSounds changed from 51 to 32
bNeverSwitchOnPickup=False added
MaxPlayerWoundDecals Changed to 5 from 2
FXLifetimeMultiplier changed from 0.67 to 1.0
bCanClimbUp=False removed
bCanSwatTurn=False removed
bCanLeap=False removed
bCanCoverSlip=False removed
TimeBetweenBloodSplats changed from 0.1 to 0.05
bUseUnrealPhysics=False removed
PlayerFOV reset back to 70 (fyi)
PostProcessingPreset changed from ROPPP_Normal to 0
bFirstPersonWeaponsSelfShadow=False removed
bDebugCover=False removed
bDebugTurreting=False removed
bNoMoraleMusic=False removed
bDelayCannonAmmoSwitch=False removed
bPlayerHasBeenHero=False removed
Several other settings removed such as PostProcessingPresetSettings related to bloom.
bDisplayPathErrors=False removed
Couple map tips added

Upvote 0
This needs a STICKY.
This fix actually works. Except for a little bit of mouse lag my game is working like a dream, in fact the best it ever has. :)

I followed the ops advice, then adjusted a few things to improve graphics further. Now my graphics are nice and sharp and with vsync on, fps is 59/60 constant

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hmmm....

So basically what I have to do is delete the ROEngine.ini file, and then performance should increase?

Worries me that some people in here report that their performance got worse after this little "fix" though.

But I guess I could get back to normal again simply by making a backup of the ROEngine.ini file and putting that back into place should anything go wrong, right?

Upvote 0
Can someone with improvement do a before and after to see what was really different? For the most part this just reset my graphic settings.

For me I noticed that the capture unprocessed mouse movement setting seems to have fixed the laggy mouse cursor on map load. However it had the side effect of also increasing my sensitivity

Upvote 0
Hey guys, for those of us who dont have high performance rigs, such as people using graphics cards like the Nvidia 8800 I have found out how to help you!

Now most importantly your going to want to go into your documents/games/RO2/Binaries and delete ROEngine, dont forget to make a backup. Anyway this will reset your graphics, and for some reason for me it allows my game to run at 75-100 fps!!! its great no lag and no glitching around even on a 64 slot server!

Also setting your shadows and non essential things excluding Model detail and other similar settings down will help alot, tuning your model details will also help significantly

*EDIT* I am so glad i managed to help out so many people! if anyone wants a full guide on the steps i take to make it work better, go ahead and message me and if i get enough ill make a full post with all of them

What settings are you running the game on?

Upvote 0
oh ye... went from min of 16(sniping) to min of 40.. and i can get up to over 100fps now xD in certain cases...my former max was about 70 but that was like 0.01% of the gameplay...i usually had 35-45, even when looking at the ground.. anyway, cant tell it was the ini deleting that helped me, wasnt in the right mood to play for a few days... so maybe it was just the recent patch, or the one before that idk... oh ye, i play all max
specs: [email protected]; 4gbram; HD6870-1gb
i had tried this technique before as i know some games get screwed when you update the version, but that never helped me before with ro2 since the release.. im happy it worked now...

good work twi.. with such a pace i think well have all the crap out of the game before november.. xD ok... im done complaining about sysreq... so you can unban me from the ro2 steam chat, Zips... rofl

Last edited:
Reactions: Raquel
Upvote 0