• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

FPS fix!! I have got it figured out

the roengine.ini files are in two folders in My Documents/my games: RedOrchestra & unreal engine. Are you supposed to delete both? The file modification dates on my two are 9/8 & 9/22. Are you sure there may not be either more to do, or something to mess up?

the unreal engine folder was the old beta folder, so it is of no use since the release of the retail.

Reactions: Stahlhelmii
Upvote 0
This worked for me. It was days I was trying to get better performance (a lot of stuttering and low fps). I actually tried to tweak the .ini in any way.

Now with this simple fix everything works GREAT.
With all ultra I get 60+ fps and it drops to 52-55 few times. No stuttering at all. With all ultra, shadows medium, Bloom ON, Motion blur ON and all the other stuff ON.

i860, 8gb ram, hd 5870

Upvote 0
As of the Sep-21 patch, my performance issues seem to be finally resolved completely. Basically no slowdowns or stuttering except in the most extreme situations, even with 64 players. Finally able to do CQB while retaining the ability to aim! The game looks awesome and plays awesome. FPS meter shows around 70 on average, but it practically never dips below 58 (and it lacks that nasty stuttering I always got when moving the mouse around)

I was on the Deluxe Edition beta and up until now tried lots of tweaking. Patches would improve or worsen the performance, but never get it close to fixed.

HD 6970 2gb, 3.5gz i5-760 quad core.

1920x1200. All ultra except Shadows (medium) and foilage (low). No vertical sync. AA Medium. No framerate smoothing or ambient occlusion. ini file edited to set pool size to "640".

Runs and looks terrific. Didn't expect it to perform this well even months ago before I bought it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0