• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Forum Overhaul has been completed

We have successfully brought over the database from the old forums into our new forum software. Please let us know if you run into any issues using the new site.

Some cool things to note about the new software:
  • You can start an account with many different types of connected accounts (Such as Steam and Discord)
    • This means you can also connect these accounts to your existing account and use that to log in
  • There are many new features to make use of (and we'll be adding some more over time) such as Question and Answer threads, and News highlights
  • This fixes a bunch of back end forum issues you may have encountered (hopefully not)
  • You can 2 factor your account (security!)
  • We have 4 awesome themes for you to choose from (Default TW, RO, KF and Maneater)! Pick your favorite in the bottom left today - And vote in our poll: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/which-is-your-favorite-forum-theme.2334642/
  • And much much more!
  • Including the upcoming Wiki use of your Tripwire Forum account.

Last edited:

Comments

®omano

Grizzled Veteran
May 14, 2009
France
www.hellsoldiers.tk
- Sometimes ALL the links on front page just stop being links and you need to refresh the page to have them being clickable links again. It happens sometimes, still didn't find the trigger for this bug.
Found a repro, very simple, on main forum page, scroll down, the responsive design toggles the 'black header', with the search bar and all, now scroll up again, page returns to original form, now scroll down again, see the FORUM LIST button/block staying visible on middle-top of the page and having main focus on the page, only its own link works now and the rest of the page is not clickable. Solution IMO, get rid of this button it doesn't serve any purpose, it is the same as clicking the logo, or the FORUMS button in menu, or fix the responsive design but it is easier to get rid of it.

Yoshiro

In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
I've just applied two patches (one for the forum, one for the addon that powers our style), can you reverify this is still an issue and I'll raise it to the right parties.

®omano

Grizzled Veteran
May 14, 2009
France
www.hellsoldiers.tk
Absolutely nothing has changed.

Yoshiro

Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
Thanks for the heads up, shooting this issue over.

Yoshiro

Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
I reported the issue to the team that has helped with the theme and they were unable to reproduce it so far. What browser are you using and could you take a video of the replication?

®omano

Grizzled Veteran
May 14, 2009
France
www.hellsoldiers.tk
I'm using Firefox.

s5yn3t

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
- Auto playing the video on front page is a bad idea (also the pause button doesn't work), actually it's a bad idea, period. It sucks bandwidth, it is repetitive every time you load the home page it plays, you can't stop it because the whole slideshow block is a link, it would have been better to simply have a fixed image like in a normal slideshow, with a fake video player.
Don't mind me, just bumping this comment just to get an option to disable that autoplay video thing at the main page (better yet completely hide it)

®omano

Grizzled Veteran
May 14, 2009
France
www.hellsoldiers.tk
I gave a Ublock rule earlier to remove the whole thing but it still is here (it is just hidden and do not remove it at all for real) and when the youtube hidden video autoplays it still stops my other youtube tab playing in the background (because I have a browser extension to stop the currently playing video if I start playing another). I still use the rule to forget that this is still playing but I eventually notice as IT STOPS MY FREAKING YOUTUBE IN OTHER TAB EVERY DAMN TIME!
This is really annoying. Also it serves ABSOLUTELY NO PURPOSE if you're doing this for your analytics or something like that. People not interested in the video do not want to have it autoplay everytime they load the forum home. People interested in the video will click the image (if you eventually admit what I told is the good thing to do). Everyone happy. I really feel you're shoving these video up there by force..

As we say here "autant pisser dans un violon!".