• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Forgiving needs a confirmation message

Demogorgon

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 4, 2005
Oklahoma City
i know it just disappears.. i usually type np followed by "no prob"

i wish they'd make it to where you can hit Esc to get out of the text chat box.. ever seen anyone type this... "tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt" otherwise.. you'll have this huge line of that, then you have to delete all the way till it just says "Say" and then hit enter when its empty... pretty annoying really..

Last edited:

Prof

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 7, 2010
a little message like "A forgave B" like it was in the original RO would be nice.

But I guess, you know that it worked when the "np" doesn't show up in the chat ^^

Private Who?

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 18, 2006
Texas
yeah it's weird that the first time you hit 'np' you don't see it. i find myself hitting it twice to make sure my killer knows he is forgiven (if that's my choice for that instance)

yeah a " 'player a' has forgiven 'player b' " message would be nice, but just being able to see that first 'np' might work, and cut down on the text-chatter. either way...very minor problem if that.

S.t.a.l.k.e.r.

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 10, 2009
Burning rubble of Koenigsberg
i know it just disappears.. i wish they'd make it to where you can hit Esc to get out of the text chat box.. ever seen anyone type this... "tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt"
True. ESC key to abort messages needed also.

Sometimes players send that kind of rubbish cause it's faster to hit "Enter" than delete the whole line.

ropeadope

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 30, 2011
wish they'd make it to where you can hit Esc to get out of the text chat box.. ever seen anyone type this... "tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt" .
I chuckle every-time a round starts and a bunch of people says "wwwwwwwwwwwww"

Sifer2

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 16, 2011
Why does forgiving require you to type something anyway? Why isn't it like a simple key to press? I never forgive because it seems like when I die I can't bring up the chat thing. It's only like minus 2 points anyway which is nothing. One kill in the objective makes up for that.

Nenjin

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Sub-Level 12
Well RO2 is kind of overloaded with buttons. In BF2 they had the voting key deal with punishment. In RO2 I think at some point they started trying to find ways to reduce the number of key assignments they were handing to players. So they started doubling up on key assignments and finding text chat solutions to it.

Luckless

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 28, 2011
In this case you've just been TKed, and therefore have nothing else to do for at least awhile. Use F4/F5 for Forgive/Not Forgive, with confirmation to both players involved.

S.t.a.l.k.e.r.

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 10, 2009
Burning rubble of Koenigsberg
Not strictly on subject but still regarding the chat.
i usually type just on the team chat since i don't want to give away tactical informations.

Sometimes i've replied to opponents in the team chat cause i've no quick way to know if they are germans or russians - no colour codes.

At least no quick ways i know about...
Maybe i am missing something? :confused:

dakuth

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 5, 2006
I didn't actually know you had to type it in to chat. It says "type np to forgive" ... so I've been doing just that.

Am I supposed to type that into chat instead?

No confirmation message... so no way for to know if I'm doing it right or not.

fiftyone

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 6, 2006
Haven't checked since the game went live but in the beta it was not working.
You could check by opening the console after typing NP and see a "unknown command line" /not recognized text.

Needs tweaking.

Ftmch

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 2, 2011
Sweden
agreed, I want to see if someone forgives me, and I want others to see when I forgive them.