• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fog of War new Eastern Front WWII fps.

Give an impression of a generic WW2 game theese days, Post Scriptum, Day of Infamy, Days of War and Batalion 44 and maybe even Festung Europa with Traction Wars. They are all basically the same, and as its been said maybe somewhere, but everyone of them does not bring anything specific(at leats some of them). The amount of work for theese guys is not worth it, no need to invent the wheel over and over again.
Devs of all above projects seems doesnt know anythting about market. While Festung Europe and Traction Wars were in development much earlier, other guys could just find themselves a job in theese studios.

Upvote 0
NorthDumpling;n2280773 said:
Give an impression of a generic WW2 game theese days, Post Scriptum, Day of Infamy, Days of War and Batalion 44 and maybe even Festung Europa with Traction Wars. They are all basically the same, and as its been said maybe somewhere, but everyone of them does not bring anything specific(at leats some of them). The amount of work for theese guys is not worth it, no need to invent the wheel over and over again.
Devs of all above projects seems doesnt know anythting about market. While Festung Europe and Traction Wars were in development much earlier, other guys could just find themselves a job in theese studios.
Out of everything you've listed, the only game I'm extremely familiar with is Day of Infamy. I have to say that the devs (NWI) know a lot about what they're doing, and have managed to make one heck of a WWII shooter.

I may be a bit biased, as I was completely captivated by Insurgency's standalone release, played it constantly, and took part in the first season of the DGL competitive scene, but I still think that Day of Infamy is a seriously solid shooter.

Their progress on early access was a little bit spotty, as they're working on hotfixes and patches for Insurgency, working on their new multi-platform release of the new Insurgency, and working on Day of Infamy. I think they've got themselves a little deep in developing too many things at once, but for what they're doing, I'm anything but unimpressed.

If you see the game on sale, I highly recommend picking it up. I've had it since day one of early access, and I love every second of it. I was shocked to see well over 1200 people playing it on day one of its release. I thought it was going to have a much slower rise in players, but am quite impressed.

Just my $0.02. It doesn't help that I'm a NWI fanboy though.

Upvote 0
NorthDumpling;n2290527 said:
Well its 2017 now and I love DoI a lot, so I cant really say anything bad about it except for no IK for slopes.
P.S. I'm an EA player since it came out.
WOW! I had not noticed this thread was so old until you replied! I just had to throw in some love for DoI, as I'm a sucker for NWI and their products. I'm glad to see you're enjoying it now though! It's a seriously solid shooter!

Upvote 0