• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Fleshpound Tactics

Rederkki

Grizzled Veteran
May 21, 2014
Finland
So it seems that fleshpounds now rage whenever they want; there is no timer which sets them off, only the amount of damage. One fleshpound came at me raging and i hadn't seen it once (neither had any other player). Have you found any good tactics to take them out? Bulletstorm is not a tactic. I'm talking berserker stuff, which you could do on solo. Kiting doesn't work anymore.

Solo you'd probably be best of catching it un-raged, hitting it twice with Pulverizer, parry when it charges you, it will unrage from the stagger, repeat.

In live games with people and other zeds in them or as a solo support, I'd do nade - spam AA-12 to rage him - another nade. As a support this should pretty much wreck him since you have perk bonus on grenades. Of course zerk with Pulverizer and parry are a god send in games with a team as well.

If there are sirens nearby and not enough time to finish them first, just spam and pray. :D

There isn't a whole lot of room for finesse in the current state of the game, hopefully this will change when we get Sharpshooter. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Solo you'd probably be best of catching it un-raged, hitting it twice with Pulverizer, parry when it charges you, it will unrage from the stagger, repeat.

In live games with people and other zeds in them or as a solo support, I'd do nade - spam AA-12 to rage him - another nade. As a support this should pretty much wreck him since you have perk bonus on grenades. Of course zerk with Pulverizer and parry are a god send in games with a team as well.

If there are sirens nearby and not enough time to finish them first, just spam and pray. :D

There isn't a whole lot of room for finesse in the current state of the game, hopefully this will change when we get Sharpshooter. :)

So how exactly does the parry work? I can easily block cysts and slashers but gorefasts... Do you press the key when it jumps, or can you just hold the key down when it comes at you? I've managed to parry 1 but when 2 come at me i can't block either one. I guess blocking fleshspound's attack is much harder? :D

Upvote 0
So how exactly does the parry work? I can easily block cysts and slashers but gorefasts... Do you press the key when it jumps, or can you just hold the key down when it comes at you? I've managed to parry 1 but when 2 come at me i can't block either one. I guess blocking fleshspound's attack is much harder? :D

I was asking the same question in another thread but found answer elsewhere, seems there is a certain time window where you can block. I couldn't tell you exactly when in the zeds animation, there are quite a few different animations for each zed as well.

Still learning this myself. This might be the core of skilled gameplay in the current state of the game. Hopefully someone better at it could make a guide or some post explaining the finer points. :)

Upvote 0
How about
1. Kill sirens
2. Zerk takes agro and rages it
3. Support throws a ton of grenades on the zerk
4. Parry him into the nades
I haven't checked, do grenades still do a ton of damage to FPs?

Actually after doing some play in solo, I realized you can't parry raged FP hits so you have to tank if you want to do this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Iunno if I'm the only one but I really don't like the new rage timer mechanic.

I'm with you. If the first sighting of a FP by a team is when it's raging full on... I guess that's why they give an introductory spawning roar and the team is "prepared".

If the FP rage timer was TWI's attempt to prevent players from kiting them "safely", I think it does it too well. I'd much rather they implement scary ghost's super-fp rage mechanic instead, where there's still a chance they won't go into rage mode unprovoked rather than making his next rage inevitable.

Or maybe there is a way already, we just have to find it o_O

Last edited:
Upvote 0