• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fleshify non-Matriarch EDARs and Reduce the Seeker Six's recoil

LunaticMaster

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 5, 2013
Finland
So the biggest problem the players have witht he EDARs is that they make ugly and non-satisfying sounds when you shoot them with guns or hit them with the melee weapons.

So i suggest that the developers should "fleshify" all non-Matriarch boss wave EDARs! Basically all the EDARs that would spawn during normal waves would be turned into Clots with Arm mounted guns or the shoulder mounted rocket launchers. They would make satisfying fleshy sounds when you hit them! Cool right? Maybe call them the Cyber Clot blaster, - Trapper and -Bomber.

Also the only reason for why the Seeker Six is bad and unpoppular is because it's Recoil is wayy to high. Hopefully the developers would reduce the recoil by a lot, so we could fire all the rockets in quick succession while still being able to keep the sights on the enemy Zeds!

Alright what do you guys think about my suggestions? :)

Last edited:
I actually really like to score a hit right in the chest of an EDAR and hear that "DZZZING" sound whenever the EMP effect takes place! But maybe that's just me.

I also believe, since they are among the zed horde (and not a third faction, as I somewhat secretly wished) that it would make more sense for them to be cyborgs. Just like the Husk is. I don't think they should be clots however, since clots are too frail to handle such modifications. It would make sense for Horzine to use the Husk as a basis for other forms of weaponry (and since EDARs already replace either stalkers or husks, it would make sense too)

I don't know if that's the real issue with the Seeker Six. I honestly believe the price is more of an issue. For the same price you can get the vastly more powerful RPG-7, which is a real Fleshpound melter. The Seeker Six is fun to use with its heat-seeking missiles (and a surprisingly good PDW), but it's just not worth getting when the HX-25 + RPG-7 combo works even better.

Upvote 0
i have never fully adjusted to the inclusion of EDARs [yes, i get it - DAR is a playable character but it could have been left at that..]

+1 for "fleshify"

Seeker 6 seems fine to me though. The reason it isn't popular IMO is that it's a situational Demo weapon. With the options available in its arsenal that aren't situational it's easy to skip over the seeker. Yes, you CAN use it in close range and spam it into trash BUT if you're going to do that you may as well just run an M79 or M16 until you have the money to just grab an M32. That is what I mean by it being situational - its long range utility greatly outclasses it's short range performance.

It's still a long range, trash-clearing god though due to it's lock-on capabilities. Bringing back to the old alt-fire would be the only change I think should be considered [fire all shots at once while aiming at a single target - such as a FP]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i have never fully adjusted to the inclusion of EDARs [yes, i get it - DAR is a playable character but it could have been left at that..]

+1 for "fleshify"

Seeker 6 seems fine to me though. The reason it isn't popular IMO is that it's a situational Demo weapon. With the options available in its arsenal that aren't situational it's easy to skip over the seeker. Yes, you CAN use it in close range and spam it into trash BUT if you're going to do that you may as well just run an M79 or M16 until you have the money to just grab an M32. That is what I mean by it being situational - its long range utility greatly outclasses it's short range performance.

It's still a long range, trash-clearing god though due to it's lock-on capabilities. Bringing back to the old alt-fire would be the only change I think should be considered [fire all shots at once while aiming at a single target - such as a FP]
Some say that Seeker Six is weak and some say that Seeker Six is fine. We will see what the majority thinks about the Seeker Six thanks to the latest Survey.

Upvote 0