• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

First Patch Coming Today

So far we've been unable to reproduce the issues with progression not working locally. We know a lot of people are saying they are having issues, but so far we can't get it NOT to work. We're looking into it, and as soon as we can reproduce the issue we'll get right on fixing it.

One thing to be aware of is that you have to finish a round for the stats to be saved. We're going to add some messaging in an update soon to make people aware of this.

Upvote 0
So rather than saddle you all with a multi-gig download for a small code patch, we've been slaving away on the patching system to get this issue resolved. Fortunately, it looks like we've finally cracked this issue, and will be able to deliver code patches to you all now without requiring overly large downloads.

This is the best part for me and my ****ty internet. (240 kb/s)

Reactions: skewp
Upvote 0
Jesus H Christ, you are tweaking weapons when the game is unplayable for so many people?

For Darwin's sake man :) Changing accuracy on a weapon would take minutes, maybe even seconds - get a grip and find some perspective. If you even read the post, it's obvious most of the time has been spent wrestling with the UE3 patching system.

Which is obviously going to lead you to posting "they should have sussed that out during beta!!!11!?", at which point I hope you own a cute fluffy pet, and said pet explodes spontaneously - preferably taking your PC with it.

Reactions: BadKarma
Upvote 0
So far we've been unable to reproduce the issues with progression not working locally. We know a lot of people are saying they are having issues, but so far we can't get it NOT to work. We're looking into it, and as soon as we can reproduce the issue we'll get right on fixing it.

One thing to be aware of is that you have to finish a round for the stats to be saved. We're going to add some messaging in an update soon to make people aware of this.

I think the main issue is there are servers that are listed in the server browser as 'Ranked' when they're not ranked and there's no way to tell

Upvote 0
Clearly the optimisation issues need sorting (easier said than done I imagine), but surely the #1 issue for most people is the fact that keys won't re-bind properly. There are still options which can only be turned on or off in the .ini files, as the game options menu won't register the changes properly.

That and the single use/bandage/cover key which is absurd.

Upvote 0
the patching functionality built into UE3 is heavily geared toward consoles. So we've struggled a bit working out how to properly do patches on the PC, without requiring a massive download.

Is there any chance you could negociate a Frostbite 2 engine license for the next game?
No troll, don't flame, just asking. You gotta admit, a TWI game on Frostbite 2, it's a gamer wet dream.

Upvote 0