• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

First impressions from RO veteran

Agree with the OP.

When an MP40 can rule a map from long range sniping......when you can't look further than about 15deg left or right when prone, without your screen going bonkers and being told you can't move......when you can sprint, under fire, dive to the deck and then pop 5 outta 5 shots on target, all while carrying weapon, ammo, packs etc without sucking wind....the constant nade spaming of spawn areas...folks just charging out into the killing fields without any thought of teamwork ..I could go on

When RO came out { from Beta 1.1 here } there has been a slow 'watering' down of the features that made this franchise different from all before...now to me, from what I have played so far, RO HOS looks like a cross between MOH and COD, with the same faults as those two titles...

I really hope that on release, there will be plenty of servers catering for those of use who want a little more thought/ brain power in the way the games play out.

I can fully understand why TWI have went down this road..I just hope that they haven't forgotten the folks who got them here in the first place :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yo to all the Elitists in here GTFO and go back to RO1.

RO2 has made Jumps towards playability!

If you like beeing exhausted after 5 meters -> GO BACK TO RO1
If you don't like that there are actually full Servers in this game due to a solid Playerbase -> GO BACK TO RO1
If you Value Realism over Fun... either join the Army of what ever your Country is or GO BACK TO RO1!!!

Its a game and as a game it should be fun. Funny thing is all you Elitist BSing the hell out of this game and Casual Players are actually a minority. And what does this tell us? Exactly GTFO!

Upvote 0
Yo to all the Elitists in here GTFO and go back to RO1.

RO2 has made Jumps towards playability!

If you like beeing exhausted after 5 meters -> GO BACK TO RO1
If you don't like that there are actually full Servers in this game due to a solid Playerbase -> GO BACK TO RO1
If you Value Realism over Fun... either join the Army of what ever your Country is or GO BACK TO RO1!!!

Its a game and as a game it should be fun. Funny thing is all you Elitist BSing the hell out of this game and Casual Players are actually a minority. And what does this tell us? Exactly GTFO!

Or you could just go play COD. k thx bye

Upvote 0
again sway is just fine...do you sway in real life so much???
To be honest, it makes the gameplay less cheap.

And I dunno, if you want to get into realism. Put yourself in the mindset of the average soldier. Going through years of some of the worst conflict man has ever seen, completely dreadful conditions and taking part specifically in the worst battle in the history of mankind, I'd be forgiven to sway the weapon just a little bit and to be a little fatigued.

Upvote 0
again sway is just fine...do you sway in real life so much???

Did you even read what I said?

I will say again: the request was not to simulate relealism. (alot of the things in RO2 atm are not realistic, anyway). Just for more sway.

And also, if you think (you state you opinion as if it is fact) the sway is fine, why don't you just play the current mode?

Why do you you have such a problem with people having the option for more sway for servers that play a mode TWI has labeled 'hardcore' ?

Funfact i play since UT 2003 Mod but i hate with what selfrightiousness you guys DEMAND what ever you want!

Where do you see me demanding? Please quote me. I think I've always brought things up in a respectful manner, so throwing random insults around is a little bit of an overrreaction, isn't it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Maybe sway to a degree; maybe SWAY in a situation where sway would be logical.

For instance; swaying after just diving; running; suppressed.

Otherwise the sway is fine.

The speed is smooth, especially when running then hunching down, to diving, to running again. It's silky liberating as oppose to the exaggerated old-man trek in RO1.

The mantling is elegant.

The prone and wall-hugging is a bit clunky. And I hope both are being worked on.

Upvote 0
I'm getting tired of this argument.

Having the game completely simulating real life is not the request. The request is more sway in certain situations in particular modes.

To be honest it just sounds like tweaking what was actually said so that it fits your arguement.

I see no mention in the original post of "put all the things I don't like back in hardcore mode only."

The actual arguement verbatim is "having no sway is not realistic" and it is perfectly reasonable to reply that completely adhering to realism is not fun. Whether you agree or not to it being fun is irrelevant as this is all based off opinions and not facts.

I am more than happy for the realism buffs to have all the features they want in a hardcore mode/mod complete with shoelace wear and dehydration but it is quite evident a lot of people, myself included do not want this implementing in the "standard" game type.

Reactions: Lost Cipher
Upvote 0
Some of you guys are retarded. The game needs sway to make it realistic to this scale. People aren't afraid to die in video games, because of this you have to make changes in order to mimic how situation would actually play out in reality. The game needs sway, slower sprint, etc.
thank you!
they should just make it sway a little more and when you sprint for a long time it should sway more!

Upvote 0
Or you could just go play COD. k thx bye

Indeed I was afraid of the new players coming here too complain.
They never heard about ro 1 in the first place ?

And suddenly they start popping up like flowers when Ro2 HoS appeared.

A bit more sway should be in, more recoil for the submachine guns.
And camping, jesus I never heard so many people complaining about players camping.
Maybe they don't understand this is no BF Cod or what ever mainstream game.
Other than that the game is good.

I know it is a beta and it has its flaws.

Upvote 0
Fun fact: You weren't trapped in Stalingrad running around under fire with little food and ammo for weeks and months. There would be sway. Get over it and go play COD.

Despite the rather unfriendly tone, I do agree that modern military men can not be compared to an average soldier in WWII.

I can imagine many of them being raw recruits, replacements, without much or any sort of training, possibly underfed, freezing and whatnot.

Upvote 0
Despite the rather unfriendly tone, I do agree that modern military men can not be compared to an average soldier in WWII.

I can imagine many of them being raw recruits, replacements, without much or any sort of training, possibly underfed, freezing and whatnot.

That is exactly what happened back then. I don't mean to sound unfriendly, but I dislike the notion of COD casuals dictating the direction of one of my favorite game series.

Upvote 0
I loved RO since Beta 1.3, the UT2003 mod. I bought UT2003 only because RO mod, which I loved. And now, I must say, that RO2 is a dissapointement for me. I expected little approach towards mainstream, since the RO:O moved towards mainstream also (political corectness, more informative map with "ww2 GPS", etc.), but I did not expect that big change. So here are my 2cents, I hope it will influence devs or modders a bit:

- ironsights are not "waving" even after a sprint (you aim directly and still, like your arms were from iron)
why did you remove one of most innovative features from RO:O (and this was improvement from mod times!) - putting the weapon on obstacle or floor (i.e. the place when you can set up bipod for MG) and making it still, but the more time aiming in the air, the more severe waving of the weapon?

- all soldiers are uberathelts
this was mentioned by many people before and I must agree - you can sprint much longer than you should. Please, fix at least this...

All and all, I do not regret my money, the game is fun, I like it, but it ceased to be the old RO I loved. It made big step from simulation towards cinematic gameplay. I understand TWI, they want to get more from the mainstream market, but guys, you are losing the small, but loyal market of military history buffs and realism freaks like myself.

I'm only going to touch on the Iron sights and the sprinting.

Sprinting is fine. The true problem is you're not really aware the ranges you're running. A sprint from one end of apartments to the other is 100m. That's not going to throw of your ability to maintain a hold on your target at ranges less than 200m. It's just not. I know people would love to believe that rifle control suddenly becomes uncontrollably sporadic when you're moving or winded, but that's simply not the case. It isn't the case now, and we wear more equipment than the men from that era.

This leads me into my next point, the iron sights are also fine. Once you lock the butt stock of a weapon into your shoulder pocket your sight alignment really becomes a non issue. Also, we are talking about naked 8 pound rifles here. No M203s, no RCO, no PEQ-15s, no nothing. Just a naked 8 pound rifle. The K98 is only 4 inches longer than a M16, and not even a half pound heaver loaded.

RO1 was not realistic people. I cannot stress this enough to you. Did it have some realistic elements? Sure! I see all of those in RO2 with all of the fat trimmed. Let's not go backwards simply because of incorrect conditioning and misinformation. If anything RO2 moved away from failed attempt at simulation to promising steps in the right direction.

Also, the iron sights sway after holding your breath too long and while unsupported in this game. Look across Fallen Fighters standing and sighted, and that's only at 200 - 250m! Imagine when the larger maps come into play!

-Paas

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm only going to touch on the Iron sights and the sprinting.

Sprinting is fine. The true problem is you're not really aware the ranges you're running. A sprint from one end of apartments to the other is 100m. That's not going to throw of your ability to maintain a hold on your target at ranges less than 200m. It's just not. I know people would love to believe that rifle control suddenly becomes uncontrollably sporadic when you're moving or winded, but that's simply not the case. It isn't the case now, and we wear more equipment than the men from that era.

This leads me into my next point, the iron sights are also fine. Once you lock the butt stock of a weapon into your shoulder pocket your sight alignment really becomes a non issue. Also, we are talking about naked 8 pound rifles here. No M203s, no RCO, no PEQ-15s, no nothing. Just a naked 8 pound rifle. The K98 is only 4 inches longer than a M16, and not even a half pound heaver loaded.

RO1 was not realistic people. I cannot stress this enough to you. Did it have some realistic elements? Sure! I see all of those in RO2 with all of the fat trimmed. Let's not go backwards simply because of incorrect conditioning and misinformation. If anything RO2 moved away from failed attempt at simulation to promising steps in the right direction.

Also, the iron sights sway after holding your breath too long and while unsupported in this game. Look across Fallen Fighters standing and sighted.

-Paas

EPRfa.jpg

Upvote 0