• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Few suggestions to the tactical map screen

garferi

Apr 29, 2008
www.redorchestra.hu
The gold colored "you are here" indicator on the tactical map screen is very hardly noticable. In RO:OST the red arrow was much better.
In RO2 I almost never use the map because of this. Lot of secunds to spot where I am.
I did a little poll in our hungarian RO2 community forum and everybody hate the color of the "you are here" indicator.

Also hate that there aren't any target label on the map, only A,B,C,D points. I like to memorize the names of the targets on every map, but its very hard to do if I always see letters intead of it. It's now like CS, "plant bomb A, B", you know.

Dear Tripwire we would like back the red indicator to the map screen and the target labels of course please!

Last edited:
+1.

There needs to be more labeling, period. Squad member names need to appear under their dot. (We can zoom the map in if it gets unreadable.)

The player marker doesn't seem gold to me, it's more like a white on my screen. I think it needs to be green (since Red = Russian and Blue/Grey = Axis.) Green is a nice neutral meaning color that will pop brightly.

The names of the objectives would also be nice...but I think I could do without them if I had to. I got used to using the A,B,C...designation a lot from other games. The name of the objective does appear...but only when you're in it.

Upvote 0
Any changes on the tactical map in the new patch? I didn't find anything about that in the changelog...
I hope at least TW has changed the color of that **** unnoticable gold arrow on the map screen. But the target labels what I suggested in the first post would be great too! :)

Thanks!

If my memory serves me well, it's now green and much easier to spot.

Upvote 0