• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Female Red Army soldiers

This might have already been posted, but I figured this would be a nice idea

IRL there were women in the Red Army, so why not randomly have the occasional woman soldier spawn instead of some bearded russian dude?

2nu4185.jpg

See how much prettier that is to look at?:D

This has been requested by me and I remember someone said this would be stupid as a whole new skeleton would be needed. I don't believe that a whole no skeleton is needed, changing an existing male model around like a different face and a pair of tits. The rest would basically stay the same as women were put in the same uniforms as men were.

I'd be up for this (again).

Upvote 0
For some reason I have a feeling that 30% to 50% of players will be playing with female characters :D and I dont think that that's how it was during the war.

I agree.

Would also depend on the map/area. If no women fought in real life in those areas, then they should not be in the map.

Not sure how many maps with playable women that would leave... probably not a lot of maps to be worth the effort.

Upvote 0
you don't really need a new skeleton I think, like emperor said, change the face, add tits, maybe shrink the model slightly, and bang!! looks like a woman. It doesnt have to be super-accurate in terms of following female physiology, after all, these women are going to be wearing male uniforms and carrying a bunch of gear, not to mention running all over the place, so the fact that maybe they look a little manly isn't really gonna be all that noticable in combat, and i dont think it should have any impact on the gameplay, and the amount of women spawned should be an incredibly small %, like .05% of any one person's spawns

and on the issue of where women did and did not fight, women DID fight in the battle of stalingrad, and the game is called Heroes of STALINGRAD, and all the battles are going to be centered around STALINGRAD, so it makes sense for there to occasionally be a woman fighting

Upvote 0
Well I'd say the player should decide by themselves how they are looking like.
For the Wehrmacht there are no women in Stalingrad, still you could decided on face and voice (I hate Ostfront for just 1 voice actor). Also you could decide a little on head gear.
For the Red Army it's the same, so one could decide between 3-4 female faces and voices. But if none specific character is selected the random one should be male.

For some reason I have a feeling that 30% to 50% of players will be playing with female characters :D and I dont think that that's how it was during the war.

I wouldn't care when like the whole enemy team consists of females. I'd still shoot them as they carry a gun and nades made to kill me as a German soldier.

Upvote 0
This has been requested by me and I remember someone said this would be stupid as a whole new skeleton would be needed. I don't believe that a whole no skeleton is needed, changing an existing male model around like a different face and a pair of tits. The rest would basically stay the same as women were put in the same uniforms as men were.

I'd be up for this (again).

Russian women are big and ugly - so not much would be changed compared to the men - and that women is an exception!

Upvote 0
and the real answer is: because they were in the battle of stalingrad. (realism)
and it would add some nice content. more content is always good for a game.

They don't add realism, they just add some tits nerds want to look at.

It's not real content, it's just eye-candy.

I'll consider buying HoS again if features such as this make through.

Upvote 0