• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

2D Art Female FleshPound

hipnox

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 9, 2010
I decided to take a shot at a female Fleshpound fan art

Spoiler!

Work in progress 3D model

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Am I the only one that immediately thought Husk upon seeing that pic?

Not knocking it at all, its a awesome pic, but given the slender body shape, lack of real power muscle definition, and the gauntlets looking kinda like a laucnher of some description, I dunno, Husk just flashed in my head :)

Mind you that probably does alot to credit the art tbh, since Husks at a glance can look like FP's in KF :)

Nice work. very cool pic

Reactions: HalfDemon
Upvote 0
Oho! This is a wonderful concept artwork, and quite aesthetically pleasing. However, there seems to be a few things that disrupt the design:
All of her extremities but her lower legs are covered in mechanisms. Perhaps changing the leg design to mechanics from the knees down will balance the design? Additionally, her body frame looks too gaunt to be able to support the heavy attachments.
Other than those two things, I like the direction that you have taken with the female Flesh Pounder.

From this one image it would be great to see more of your artwork, Hipnox. Do you have a website or gallery that you can link so we can nose through more of your images?

Upvote 0
Glad you like it. and thanks for the good criticism. yes, her body seems too "frail" to hold all that mechanical wight, and her legs do look a little too naked.

i might make some adjustments to the drawing.

as for a gallery of my works, i dont have one, because this is practically one of my first pshop drawings. my first drawing was a female version (yet again) of a TF2 pyro :p. I was just getting started with Pshop so its not that good.
Spoiler!

Reactions: Benjamin
Upvote 0
You updated your original post too? Now I can't really tell what's been changed.

Nonetheless, I'm still not getting much of a Killing Floor vibe from this design. In particular, the machinery looks far too sci-fi/refined/elegantly designed whereas the Fleshpound happens to have a bunch of metal shards jammed into his shoulder and thigh. Not quite as sophisticated a presentation.

I'm not sure if you've seen it, but this post partially details Tripwire's redesign of the Fleshpound for the game's retail release and they state their aim quite succinctly: they were going for a very grunge "Metal" look for Killing Floor. I think it's fair to say that the specimens are intended to resemble the products of hasty, unethical, and downright twisted mutilations. Your Female Fleshpound doesn't covey that, nor the horrific suffering and dread that the current specimens exude in spades. In fact, your design kind of looks like an alien. Again, I would peg that on the armaments that seem far too technologically advanced.

Upvote 0