• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

2D Art Female FleshPound

ATM i'm unwrapping the UV layout.

The idea is to start with just a reskin of the FP, using the same skeleton and animations (because it's simpler). Maybe add it as a mutator with a randomizer that selects the gender of each FP as they spawn.

Ooooo, sounds interesting. Mixing up the types of FP's, reminds me of L4D2 having two types of Boomers. Male and female. Nothing different in ability, just looks and sounds.

Upvote 0
It's really good to see that this got some attention.

Although I want to punch the people that think her breasts should be larger.

Too late. her breasts got an "upgrade".

Spoiler!

Almost done unwrapping. Gonna take a shot at texturing the damn thing, see how it goes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If that last picture of her was suppose to show her with big boobs, then thats nothing . To me, those look normal. Big enough to see that they are breasts, but not big enough to be annoying and get in the way.

Yes, those are the "enhanced" breasts. Trust me, they are bigger than before. Still not big enough to be distracting.

It might be the screenshot, but the feet look far to big. And I think the breasts are fine as they are now. You are going to have fun rigging her ;)

Look up CAT rigging. There are some really good tutorials for it on YouTube. But that's MAX, so if you are doing everything in Blender I'm not sure.

I might look into it. Could be that the Boot are a bit to big. Note that the floor is a bit too high and her feet are clipping into the ground, making them look thinner and longer

And as for rigging, i don't own 3Dstudio or Maya, so blender will have to do. I'm more worried about the psk/psa import-export plugins more than the rigging itself. If i'm unable to do so in blender, i might need to seek some help from someone willing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice, I like this. If you need rigging help (envelopes and such) ive been doing this non stop lately.(I wonder why.. :p)

Are you doing the animations too from scratch or are you going to use the FP rig? Fair warning though....that might require some motion capturing lol. Hence why everyone else uses rigs from either other games or KF itself. (creating lots of arguments like "eeewww, Brute is a FP reskinned" etc)

If you are doing it from scratch I suggest moving the bones with curves, creating lifelike/fluid animations. And take a look at a rig by TWI, if your not going to use it might aswell learn from it.

Upvote 0
Nice, I like this. If you need rigging help (envelopes and such) ive been doing this non stop lately.(I wonder why.. :p)

Are you doing the animations too from scratch or are you going to use the FP rig? Fair warning though....that might require some motion capturing lol. Hence why everyone else uses rigs from either other games or KF itself. (creating lots of arguments like "eeewww, Brute is a FP reskinned" etc)

If you are doing it from scratch I suggest moving the bones with curves, creating lifelike/fluid animations. And take a look at a rig by TWI, if your not going to use it might aswell learn from it.

The idea is to use as much already existing content in KF as possible.

Best case scenario involves rigging this model over the original Fleshpound skeleton (without any modifications) and use all the default FP animations. I know i can do this in blender if i get my hand on a clean skeleton import.

This way, all that needs to be done is just the model, the textures and maybe a new audio bank.

Worst case scenario... yeah, making all animations from scratch.

For the time being, i'm going to focus on finishing the model and textures, all the while hoping i can find a proper psk/psa import export suit for blender.

If i can't find it (which is very likely) then i'll have to go ahead and seek external help. Maybe some of you guys who are interested and willing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My advice, don't use the fleshpound animations, you've taken your time so far and produced a well made asset. Don't cut corners now. :)

You see, you've got some very specific joints and parts on that model that just will not bend well on a default rig. While it maybe suitable for some basic testing. It will just look. Well, crap. Especially the pistons on the back of the arms.

Upvote 0
My advice, don't use the fleshpound animations, you've taken your time so far and produced a well made asset. Don't cut corners now. :)

You see, you've got some very specific joints and parts on that model that just will not bend well on a default rig. While it maybe suitable for some basic testing. It will just look. Well, crap. Especially the pistons on the back of the arms.

Those pistons are giving me a little headache. They require bones that are not on the original FP skeleton.

Guess i'll have to animate it from scratch after all.

Upvote 0

Agreed to this.

Upvote 0