• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

2D Art Female FleshPound

You updated your original post too? Now I can't really tell what's been changed.

Nonetheless, I'm still not getting much of a Killing Floor vibe from this design. In particular, the machinery looks far too sci-fi/refined/elegantly designed whereas the Fleshpound happens to have a bunch of metal shards jammed into his shoulder and thigh. Not quite as sophisticated a presentation.

I'm not sure if you've seen it, but this post partially details Tripwire's redesign of the Fleshpound for the game's retail release and they state their aim quite succinctly: they were going for a very grunge "Metal" look for Killing Floor. I think it's fair to say that the specimens are intended to resemble the products of hasty, unethical, and downright twisted mutilations. Your Female Fleshpound doesn't covey that, nor the horrific suffering and dread that the current specimens exude in spades. In fact, your design kind of looks like an alien. Again, I would peg that on the armaments that seem far too technologically advanced.

I don't know, it doesn't quite look "Alien" in my eyes. In any case, it may be a good idea to add a little bit of "Metal", but whatever you want. At this point, it is already awesome:D

I really hope this is modeled into being when finished

Upvote 0
Out of curiosity Hipnox, have you been swayed towards digital artworks from traditional mediums, or are you new to art altogether?
I don't know if anybody has suggested this to you yet, but ConceptArt.org is a great place to receive critique for your artworks. There are many professional artist there that are willing to give their feedback in a more helpful manner.
As for galleries, you could try deviantART, Artician, GFX Artist, and many more if you have the time to search Google.

I like the adjustments that you have made to the Female Flesh Pounder! The addition of the metal frame to her lower legs does help with the arrangement a lot, and the design is much more than I imagined. Well done!

Upvote 0
Out of curiosity Hipnox, have you been swayed towards digital artworks from traditional mediums, or are you new to art altogether?
I don't know if anybody has suggested this to you yet, but ConceptArt.org is a great place to receive critique for your artworks. There are many professional artist there that are willing to give their feedback in a more helpful manner.
As for galleries, you could try deviantART, Artician, GFX Artist, and many more if you have the time to search Google.

I like the adjustments that you have made to the Female Flesh Pounder! The addition of the metal frame to her lower legs does help with the arrangement a lot, and the design is much more than I imagined. Well done!

Thanks for the advice. i already knew about deviantART but not about the others. i

Upvote 0
Very nice artwork there. She would be great in a game but I agree with everyone else's ideas.

Fraile body able to easily carry heavy weights with upgrades carefully and professionally installed, this would probably fit in well with the warhammer 40k universe.

I'd actually like to see you make a new one from scratch making her bulky with more savage surgery and not so much of the symmetric.

Just look are the gorefast he really looks like he had a bad day on the operating table.

Upvote 0
arn't most of them ****ed up clones and ****?

How would it be female.

The piture is nice but as said previously, too clean and symetrical.

Yeah, they are genetic engineering specimen, basically attempts at cloning that were not successful, except made even more dangerous by attempts at "improving" them through genetic modification as well as more mechanical changes.

Upvote 0
Since no one covered this I guess I'll try.

What is the Fleshpound?
Every specimen is a representation of an emotion or idea. Like many good horror games, the creatures are more than just scary things; they are manifestations of fears and dark minds. Each has a story, and the scientists who made them in those stories had an idea in mind. The scrake was suppose to be a battle medic, tougher then rambo, and probably originally with a medic saw for amputations. All the experiments failed in one way or another, the scrake becoming a psychotic sadist. I could go though each and give a horror theme idea, but I'm sure most of you understand.

But what is the Fleshpound?
Rage. Absolute, all consuming, rage. Hate personified, and is a representation of our fear of strength.

Everyone fears a bully, or a big animal. They can kill us, very very easy. Much easier then we'd like to admit. A chimpanzee half your size can bash your head in, break your neck or bite though your skull in seconds. If a gorilla, and I mean a real 400 pound gorilla silverback charged you and attacked, it could literary break your spine in half (separating the two halfs from one another), crush all of your rips into your internal organs puncturing them with bone, and tear you head from your neck (ripping decapitation). Now imagine it has spinning jagged metal blades for hands. That’s Fear.

This female Fleshpound... In no way inspires any fear.

She needs more than just an angry look. Women can be muscular without any outside help (like drugs), and they can still be attractive (which I see your trying to work in here). From your other drawings, slim females are you’re preferred. A slim Fleshpound however defeats the very idea of it. She was no strength, and that is what inspires the fleshpounds fear.

Even if he had no meat grinder hands, The male Fleshpound could still beat you to death like a gorilla. The female must inspire the same fear. Ask yourself, 'Would I be concerned if she didn't have meat grinder hands?'. If the answer is no, then she is not scary (and has no place in a horror game as a monster).

I suggest you try a new direction. A woman made of muscle can still be lovely and shapely, feminine but dangerous and threatening. You must look at you drawing and say:

'This woman was pumped full of adrenaline and muscle building cocktails by mad scientists. They were trying to make a huge deadly warrior. They succeeded, but she went insane and crushed fully grown men’s skulls with her bare hands. If she came near me, I would want to run, because she would kill me with her bare hands if they didn't have meat grinders on them (which will still kill me). But it's too bad I have to shoot and kill her, because she very nice looking, and if she weren’t a rave psychotic clone monster, I'd would have liked to get to know here better.'

Tldr; She is WAAAAAAAAAAAYYY too weak looking to be a Fleshpound, and there for is not scary. She has to be scary. Women can be muscular and still look good. She should scare me, and scare me because she can/will punch my head off (literary), but she can still look good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I completely disagree with the "looks too frail comment."

If I remember correctly every fleshpound has cores on the body that when enraged pump them full of a chemical similar to adrenaline. You dont have to be bulky to lift a car, but it helps. Pregnant woman with little to no muscle mass have been known to lift cars to save their baby due to the affects of adrenaline.

I think your representation is excellent...

Upvote 0
I tried, but i suck at organic modeling

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Might try again someday

Upvote 0