• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Exclusive : Perks enabled on rented servers with 6+ slots

A 12 person server is only going to appear to be more popular than a 6 person simply because there's twice as many people on it at once.

Exactly. There are tons of full 6/6 servers out there.

Speaking of which, could we get a filter to filter out servers with more than 6 players? I've never played on them, nor do I have a desire to, so I'd rather not see them in the list.

Upvote 0
I am very displeased with this news. While I understand that the game wasn't intended for more than 6 players, I am still a little surprised and upset by this update. Farming for perks are always going to happen, it is the nature of games with advancements. Be it special maps, which there appear to be tons of just judging by the server browser. Or playing single player. Where it easier to gain headshots, damage, and kill those blasted stalkers? When there are no players trying to steal your kills. I played this game quite a bit, and have drudged through leveling up my perks, I can honestly say playing on smaller servers means I get more kills. If I get more kills, that means I increase my perks. Of course you can't stop people from leveling up in single player, as there probably are some people that enjoy playing single player.

What doesn't make sense is the "scaling health" the critters has, creates for a perk farming goldmine. What you are not taking into consideration is the fact that a 50k HP flesh pounder can't be taken down easily by one person. It takes a group, or lots of ammo and patience. A group of a few guys/gals working together, taking the HP down.

The only perk that I personally believe benefits greatly from a larger server is the medic. If you have 20 idiots running around taking damage, it is much easier to heal constantly, increasing healing very quick. Not that I have done this, but I have thought about it. I actually have only spawned as the medic a handful of times, and never play with intentions of keeping my teammate's health up by telling them to "Stand still you clown." I keep them alive by shooting the crawlers that may be around them.

And honestly, so what if people level up quicker. There are quite a few high level players out there. How many are legitimate idk, but I still see quite a few lvl 4 - 5 players on servers. I feel if they want to level up on a game that isn't player versus player then why stop them? It isn't like players are in competition with each other, it is a team based game. This is coming from a competitive person by nature. If I am not winning, I get slightly upset in some other games. But in KF, I have no problem sitting at the bottom of the scoreboard, if I am doing an important job for my team. Welding a door, while my team shoots a different location or even being bait for a fleshpound.

You have stopped the players from farming damage on large servers, now they all are going to go and farm on some server that is set up just for that purpose. There seems to be a lot of them, and quite a few populated. I went into one server playing "KF-leveling" once not knowing what it was. A room that does damage, with 2 medics healing each other. While 2 other guys were using various guns shooting at fleshpounders behind an invisible wall. So, the people that want to farm their perks will find their ways. You haven't stopped them. You have even slowed them down. If big servers die, you probably gotten rid of a few players in the process.

I really see no big downside that players can score more damage here and there. Maybe leveling their perks up a bit faster than the players playing in 6 player servers. It isn't like the game is competitive. There isn't a ranking scheme going on, I can't fight my teammates, as much as I often would love to do. This game is player versus cpu, not PVP.

I am thankful that the game is being updated often, fixing most problems (although the scrake still stands there, allowing people to farm damage off of him since he is no threat). I just would hate for this to be the end of the big servers, as that will probably kill the enjoyment of the game for me quicker. Although it will still be $15 dollars well spent.

Sorry for the rant.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
(...)there are several cool ideas running around that might or might not see the light of day (especially if they end up not being as cool as we think they are).

I hope there is time to address items from the community. They sometimes say that every person who raises a concern represents 100,000 members of the general population.

Based on that, there are about 8 billion people world wide who want the Patriarch to be fixed :D

Upvote 0
I hope there is time to address items from the community. They sometimes say that every person who raises a concern represents 100,000 members of the general population.

Based on that, there are about 8 billion people world wide who want the Patriarch to be fixed :D

Based on that it would seem like they'd probably all retire early :D

8 billion x $20 US = alotofmonies

Upvote 0
Is it me or are there less servers after this update??? Why oh why do dev.'s do this? They seem to enjoy killing off servers by giving the community not what they want... The community wants servers with 6 slots yes... but they seem to want server with more than 6 slots...

If my servers (my community has 6 servers) start to die after this update I can only imagine we will have to move on... sad as I loved this mod! so much so we got 2 Dedicated boxes for it....

Please bring it back let the community decide what server they play on not be told!

Upvote 0
so are you going to tell us how you get perks enabled for the new servers with 6+ slots then :)

there are already a few ways to do it on homemade servers. If you want it on the rented ones well get a server from us ;)

Just out of curiosity I connected to your Paris KF 32 slot sample server
and guess what, no perk progress.

Knifed the first round as Berserker and made a bunch of headshots with
the Handcannon as Sharpshooter in round 2 none of my values changed.

So are you still selling it as "Perks enabled" beause you try to use the
fact that most poeple don't know the difference between their
current perks being available for use and the perk progression or do
you seriously have found a way to get perk progression as well
and you just don't need to sell servers as you're rich enough to not
incorporate it into your testing server?

EDIT:
Same on your Dallas Test server.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just out of curiosity I connected to your Paris KF 32 slot sample server
and guess what, no perk progress.

Knifed the first round as Berserker and made a bunch of headshots with
the Handcannon as Sharpshooter in round 2 none of my values changed.

So are you still selling it as "Perks enabled" beause you try to use the
fact that most poeple don't know the difference between their
current perks being available for use and the perk progression or do
you seriously have found a way to get perk progression as well
and you just don't need to sell servers as you're rich enough to not
incorporate it into your testing server?

EDIT:
Same on your Dallas Test server.

ur kinda making questions and answers.
Perks are enabled and it is clearly stated since latest update v1003 that perks progression (level up) is only available on 6 slots servers. That is also stated on our KF servers order form : "perks enabled but no level up".
Im not trying to use anything to lie, sorry to disappoint you but Im doing my job honestly trying to provide the best service I can :)

Upvote 0
well no theres no perks progression thats too bad not not big deal for some/many players who mostly want a 6+ slots to have some other fun than on standard servers.

Thats a point I dont agree on with TW : if perks progression is disabled on 6+ slots it should be also disabled on custom maps as its ways easier to level up on some maps that have been especially designed for it with "transparent walls" blocking specimens. Its ways harder to level up on a 32 men server than on a 6 one running this kind of map. My piece of advice.

Upvote 0