• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

European Voluntary Scrims (evs) - a scrim group open to everyone, loners and clans

Cullis

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2011
On the suggestion of BossHogg, I'm linking the thread I posted in Clan/Squad section..
Hope this isn't too intrusive..

I have this idea. I don't like pub servers that much due to lack of teamwork.

I propose people in Europe interested in playing RO2 like it's meant to be played, that is in squads and with cooperation, but unable to do so because it's hard to find enough people use better methods to achieve cooperation.

First of all, some kind of identification, so far, the suggestions are to append (evs) to the tag, or to put 'Soldier' for those wishing to play grunt roles, and 'Sergeant' or equivalent for squad leaders who know their $hit..

Some rules proposed for people who'd choose to identify themselves that way.

• pick Commander or Squad leader only if you can play the role. If you can't, complete the tutorial, or look it up.
  • fireteams stay together.
  • ramboing should be an exception, such as when the rest of the squad is dead, or short lived (rest of the squad letting the assault trooper clean out a house, by say, everyone throwing 'nades into it at once followed by assault trooper barging in)
  • no abuse of team voice channel for chitchat. Belongs to the commander to make announcements, or to players reporting serious threats (enemy squad creeping up somewhere)
  • chitchat in squad channel is fine, as long as it doesn't bother other squad members
  • ]use the voice comms, mmkay? Squad leader to order fireteams, grunts to report stuff to squad leader.

Feel free to suggest better rules, or propose times for sessions.

For the time being, those who would like to cooperate with other people and to make that known could perhaps append (evs) to their tags.

Also, a game is today on the UK MatureGamers server.. (2000 GMT = 2100 CET)